Official Community Forums

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 

No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   Sun 7 Aug - 21:36

Hey,

I've made a simple world in the World Editor, with a spawn marker (named 'spawn'), and a few models and a forest region.

However, when I try run the Multiverse Client in --development --world localhost mode, I get a 'no default instance' when I press play in the character creation screen..

I followed these instructions: Trying Out Your World and made sure the server was set up correctly beforehand. The thing is, the sampleworld worked fine beforehand when I ran it in this mode, but even after changing the multiverse.properties file to reflect the new location:
Code:

###
### If multiverse.mvwfile property is not specified, it defaults to MV_HOME/config/worldname/worldname.mvw
### Example below is Windows path; On Linux/Unix, use forward slashes instead of double backslashes.
multiverse.worldname=TGOR
multiverse.mvwfile=c:\\multiverse\\config\\TGOR\\tgor.mvw
it still didn't work. I tried running it with a # in front of the last line and then without, but it doesn't seem to make a difference...

Any idea why it's not working? silent
It would be nice to actually try out my map lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   Mon 8 Aug - 10:36

Check and make sure the default instance in startup_instances.py points to your world file
you may need to comment out the line in their with instance_load (this controls mob spawning)
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   Mon 8 Aug - 10:57

Yeh, I sorted it out shortly after I created the thread, but forgot to edit it to reflect that fact.
Not 100% sure what I did to get it working, but I think that it may have had something to do with having the worldname in the properties file in uppercase, whereas the actual .mvw file was I'm lowercase.
I also changed all the relevant sections of code back to the sampleworld one, then just went through each one slowly and carefully - ended up sorting it out, which is good. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   Mon 8 Aug - 11:03

I believe that if you are running the server in cygwin it is case sensitive...it probably is if you use the bat file but I dont use that
Back to top Go down
zoot686
Foundation Donor

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   Fri 17 Feb - 3:41

yeah, windows doesn't know about case but unix does, and cygwin is a unix-like environment emulator.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   

Back to top Go down

No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1