Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

How do I create a new world?

Go down 
+4
zoot686
Tristan
Delurin
wkwkwkwk1
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

How do I create a new world? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Apr - 8:32

zoot686 wrote:
So what's the specs of the computer you're trying to run it on?

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
64 bits
Windows 7
Back to top Go down
zoot686
Foundation Donor
zoot686

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Apr - 20:30

well that shouldn't be an issue then.............after all, each server runs in it's own java virtual machine
Back to top Go down
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Apr - 5:33

zoot686 wrote:
well that shouldn't be an issue then.............after all, each server runs in it's own java virtual machine
so, what can I do? By the way, I have found an interesting engine, CryEngine. If this one doesen't work (I hope it does), I'm afraid I'll have to go for that one.
Back to top Go down
AWM Mars
AWM Mars

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Apr - 17:47

wkwkwkwk1 wrote:

so, what can I do? By the way, I have found an interesting engine, CryEngine. If this one doesen't work (I hope it does), I'm afraid I'll have to go for that one.

Over the many years I've been using and developing in, immersive environments, I have tried almost every engine available. The most useful and interesting ones, have been those that I can have some influence in its development. It also depends on what your budgets are.

I am currently utilising 4 different engines, as I believe most users do. For me, Multiverse has potential to fit within some of the genres of development that I have within my scope of works. What is important for me, is the workflow to achieve anything. As a true believer in not reinventing the wheel, when Multiverse reaches a stage where I could commit a project to, but it needs a little something not there, then I could pay someone to add that in. This is not always possible with the 'out of the box' varieties.
Back to top Go down
zoot686
Foundation Donor
zoot686

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Apr - 18:14

budget is almost a primary consideration considering how high the price is in time and effort in addition to the initial cash outlay for the engine, or in the case of multiverse, creation kit and tools
Back to top Go down
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Apr - 4:01

so, anyone got a solution, or is it all right and I should go on with the tutorial?
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Really?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Jul - 6:32

Dont get me wrong, but it seems to me that before you tackle multiverse, you really do need to learn alot more basic stuff such as, where mysql installs to, Java, Python, how to use mysql and mysql workbench, where the jdbc connector should be, you know, the basics of windows 7 and everything else you are gonna need to run multiverse.

It would seem to me that you are looking for something more along the lines of realmcrafter or another "MMO Creation Kit in a box" before you even know how an mmo works and what is required to even think about making one.

That being said, there are alot of tutorials in the "Getting Started with multiverse " section of the wiki but please understand, you are going to need to have atleast a basic understanding of mysql, windows, java, ect before you will get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Aug - 8:52

Thank you. By "you", I mean everyone that helped me getting stared. I really thank you for your time and patience. I'm sad to leave this community Sad , but I hope I will return. I am now exploring UDK, Cryengine3 and Unity.
See you! cheers
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Aug - 12:36

wkwkwkwk1 wrote:
I don't understand a crap of that tutoreial! It's all chinese to me Question Question Question Question Question Question
Im Having a funny feeling you need a Video tutorial Razz
Back to top Go down
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Aug - 8:40

SnakeMaster wrote:
wkwkwkwk1 wrote:
I don't understand a crap of that tutoreial! It's all chinese to me Question Question Question Question Question Question

LOL, maybe that's the problem!Very Happy:P
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Aug - 9:49

wkwkwkwk1 wrote:
SnakeMaster wrote:
wkwkwkwk1 wrote:

Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Aug - 9:52

wkwkwkwk1 wrote:
SnakeMaster wrote:
wkwkwkwk1 wrote:

But well if your leaving i wish you good luck at UDK , Unity and cryengine. Im just gonna point out you might be happier with UDK then with cryengine or Unity. Since unity is free for commercial but has hard development like. Cryengine is hard in a way to develop but looks beautiful! And UDK is very well to develop and is beautiful but costs 99 $ for commercial selling games Smile just a little thing if you keep searching.
Back to top Go down
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Aug - 19:30

SnakeMaster wrote:

But well if your leaving i wish you good luck at UDK , Unity and cryengine. Im just gonna point out you might be happier with UDK then with cryengine or Unity. Since unity is free for commercial but has hard development like. Cryengine is hard in a way to develop but looks beautiful! And UDK is very well to develop and is beautiful but costs 99 $ for commercial selling games Smile just a little thing if you keep searching.

Well, I know this may be a little too much ambitious, but my "life goal" as a game maker is to make a realistic Zombie Survival Game (you know, headshots only, iron sights, telescopic sights, silencers that don't take away much of the sound, but don't attract as much zombies, realistic bullet drop, multiplayer, one bite, one more zombie, etc). A bit like Z Day. Which engine do you think is better? I want a seamless world with destructible environments and houses that can be entered, locks to be picked.

And one more thing: 3rd Person or FirstPerson but the weapons won't be part of the HUD, whey will move with the mouse, to avoid certain things such as firing at melee range to the head in Battlefield Play4Free with a sniper and a pistol and missing...

Your opinion is valuable!
Back to top Go down
awaredev
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
awaredev

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Aug - 2:12

Your engine choice will depend in part on your player base-

Are you looking for a persistent online world for all players - IE, a full MMO? Then you'll need a flexible MMO engine that lets you create an FPS/Action style client. And, it will need to be able to dynamically change the environment.

From what I know, Unity3d, Cryengine and UDK are only client based- You will need to add code for communicating efficiently with a server cluster and find some kind of server backend (in theory, you could use Multiverse server and build your client in UDK/Cry/Unity). Others have already done this I think, and might be able to help you in building such a thing.

Multiverse could probably do what you want, but you'll need to do a lot of work. The client will probably need physics (some are implementing BulletSharp into the client code to do this), but in theory it is doable. Multiverse has seamless worlds as an option.

I might also recommend HeroCloud- It costs $99 a year, but they provide your servers, development environment, and payment systems. The platform is the one used for the new Star Wars MMO, so it's well tested. The scripting language is proprietory- A hybrid object-oriented/procedural language that is extremely versatile. The language is the same for coding the server and client, which is a bit of a bonus, but the learning curve is high. HC also has some neat 3rd party licenses included, such as speed tree and some facial animation / character rigging software.

I haven't checked out Panda3D in a while- Disney built it's Pirates of the Caribbean MMO using Panda3D and only the Python scripting aspect (no C++ code changes). It's free, versatile and very up-to-date graphics wise. There's been a few MMO projects for it, but again, you could try using it for a client with Multiverse as the server.

IF you don;t want a pure MMO- more of a Multiplayer experience like Left 4 Dead, then UNITY/Cry/UDK may be a better choice.
Back to top Go down
wkwkwkwk1
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
wkwkwkwk1

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Aug - 6:51

Thanks. I'm 15, soooo, let's say spending 99$ a year is unfeasible. Also because my parents don't even know about me being making games Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I create a new world?   How do I create a new world? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I create a new world?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3