Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Compiling the Client Source

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

Compiling the Client Source Empty
PostSubject: Compiling the Client Source   Compiling the Client Source EmptyFri 20 Apr - 6:05

Apologize if this is documented somewhere already, but a quick search the forum and wiki doesn't reveal what I'm looking for. Is there a wiki section on compiling the client?

I checked out the source code for the client and built on Win7 using VS2010. 46 of 47 projects built, but one failed. I'm sure I'm missing a dependency somewhere or need to build something first. Here's my error output:

Code:
Error   1   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\Axiom.Plugins.CgProgramManager.dll' for assembly 'Axiom.Plugins.CgProgramManager.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   2   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\System.Drawing.dll' for assembly 'System.Drawing.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   3   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\Axiom.Plugins.ParticleFX.dll' for assembly 'Axiom.Plugins.ParticleFX.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   4   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\System.Windows.Forms.dll' for assembly 'System.Windows.Forms.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   5   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\System.Xml.dll' for assembly 'System.Xml.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   6   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\Axiom.Platforms.Win32.dll' for assembly 'Axiom.Platforms.Win32.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   7   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\Movie\bin\Debug\Multiverse.Movie.dll' for assembly 'Multiverse.Movie.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   8   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\DirectShowWrapper.dll' for assembly 'DirectShowWrapper.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   9   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\Movie\bin\Debug\log4net.dll' for assembly 'log4net.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   10   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\System.dll' for assembly 'System.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   11   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\System.Data.dll' for assembly 'System.Data.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   12   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\Axiom\Platforms\Win32\bin\Debug\Tao.Platform.Windows.dll' for assembly 'Tao.Platform.Windows.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   13   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\bin\Debug\MultiverseClient.exe' for assembly 'MultiverseClient.exe', located in '[TARGETDIR]\bin'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Error   14   Unable to find source file 'C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\Patcher\bin\Debug\patcher.exe' for assembly 'patcher.exe', located in '[TARGETDIR]'   C:\Users\jason\Desktop\mv\MultiverseClient\ClientSetup\ClientSetup.vdproj
Warning   15   The project 'SpeexWrapper' cannot be referenced.  The referenced project is targeted to a higher framework version (3.5)
Warning   16   Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.   C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets   1360
Warning   17   The project 'SpeexWrapper' cannot be referenced.  The referenced project is targeted to a higher framework version (3.5)
Warning   18   A namespace or class definition was found within a conditional compilation directive in the file "UpdateManager.cs".  This may lead to an incorrect choice for the manifest resource name for resource "UpdateManager.resx".   C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.CSHARP.Targets   67
Warning   19   The project 'SpeexWrapper' cannot be referenced.  The referenced project is targeted to a higher framework version (3.5)
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: Compiling the Client Source   Compiling the Client Source EmptyFri 20 Apr - 12:22

Actually there's another way to work around this too...

I copied the "Multiverse Client" folder from Program Files to my home directory and the patcher runs fine if I run the client from there.
Back to top Go down
AWM Mars
AWM Mars

PostSubject: Re: Compiling the Client Source   Compiling the Client Source EmptyFri 20 Apr - 19:34

In my experience, you have to be logged into the admin account, for any changes to be made to files etc (patcher) within Windows filing system, this has been true since Vista. I installed Multiverse outside the HD that the OS resides, along with separating the folders in the Users section. It is archaic that Windows seems to demand that all files reside within its own folder system, that's why it needs/uses a registry.

Strange thing is, despite being the only user on my system, I am not by default, the admin. Typical of 'domestic' releases being based upon network admin layering. This began when they dropped NT and Win 98, and amalgamated them into one release.
Back to top Go down
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: Compiling the Client Source   Compiling the Client Source EmptySat 21 Apr - 11:26

Ugh, sorry. Posted my reply to this when I was tired enough that I shouldn't have been on the internet...

It was actually meant to be a reply to this:
https://multiverse.forumotion.co.uk/t154-unable-to-access

As for building, the MultiverseClient.VS2010.sln in the MultiverseClient folder builds fine, but those missing files are thrown when building Multiverse.VS2010.sln in the MultiverseClient folder. I don't know what that larger solution file is for yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compiling the Client Source   Compiling the Client Source Empty

Back to top Go down

Compiling the Client Source
Page 1 of 1