Official Community Forums

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 

Running client offline works with wine on linux

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ggraz

PostSubject: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Mon 7 May - 15:30

I have been pretty successful in trying to run the tools and the client in standalone mode on Fedora 16 and wine-git.

wine version:
Code:
wine-1.4-78-g94953f1
natives installed with winetricks:
Code:
cmd, comctl32, d3dx10, d3dx11*, d3dx9*, directx9, dotnet20, dotnet30, gdiplus, ie8, mfc42, msls31, msxml3, pngfilt, quartz, vcrun*, vjrun20, wininet, wsh56vb, xact*, xinput, xmllite

Graphics card is a nvidia GTS450 with nvidia binary driver version 295.33

By "pretty" successful I mean that there are random dotnet failures during startup (not very often actually) and random segfault/exception, expecially when assets directory is not correctly set, but that could be unrelated to running in wine.

I could not connect to the local server by any means, I will open another thread for that.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Tue 8 May - 2:43

Excellent work ggraz!

Once you smooth out the dotnet failures, do you reckon you could write a Setup Tutorial on the Wiki?

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Xangis
Foundation Developer

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Tue 8 May - 12:09

Nicely done.

I've noticed that a lot of the Multiverse tools will crash on Windows when the asset repository is set incorrectly. I haven't used the tools on trunk much yet, just the ones in the download distro.
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
awaredev
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Thu 5 Jul - 1:31

I've been curious about getting the Client to run under Linux. Good to know it may be possible with WINE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    

Back to top Go down

Running client offline works with wine on linux
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Development :: Getting Started-
Jump to: