Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Running client offline works with wine on linux

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ggraz
ggraz

Running client offline works with wine on linux  Empty
PostSubject: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Running client offline works with wine on linux  EmptyMon 7 May - 15:30

I have been pretty successful in trying to run the tools and the client in standalone mode on Fedora 16 and wine-git.

Running client offline works with wine on linux  Mvclie11
Running client offline works with wine on linux  Mvmode10
Running client offline works with wine on linux  Mvworl10

wine version:
Code:
wine-1.4-78-g94953f1
natives installed with winetricks:
Code:
cmd, comctl32, d3dx10, d3dx11*, d3dx9*, directx9, dotnet20, dotnet30, gdiplus, ie8, mfc42, msls31, msxml3, pngfilt, quartz, vcrun*, vjrun20, wininet, wsh56vb, xact*, xinput, xmllite

Graphics card is a nvidia GTS450 with nvidia binary driver version 295.33

By "pretty" successful I mean that there are random dotnet failures during startup (not very often actually) and random segfault/exception, expecially when assets directory is not correctly set, but that could be unrelated to running in wine.

I could not connect to the local server by any means, I will open another thread for that.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Running client offline works with wine on linux  EmptyTue 8 May - 2:43

Excellent work ggraz!

Once you smooth out the dotnet failures, do you reckon you could write a Setup Tutorial on the Wiki?

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Running client offline works with wine on linux  EmptyTue 8 May - 12:09

Nicely done.

I've noticed that a lot of the Multiverse tools will crash on Windows when the asset repository is set incorrectly. I haven't used the tools on trunk much yet, just the ones in the download distro.
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
awaredev
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
awaredev

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Running client offline works with wine on linux  EmptyThu 5 Jul - 1:31

I've been curious about getting the Client to run under Linux. Good to know it may be possible with WINE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running client offline works with wine on linux    Running client offline works with wine on linux  Empty

Back to top Go down

Running client offline works with wine on linux
Page 1 of 1