Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Having troubles getting started

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryuth
Ryuth

Having troubles getting started Empty
PostSubject: Having troubles getting started   Having troubles getting started EmptyTue 22 May - 3:21

Okay, well I think this would be a great project to mess with in spare time, and hon my skills, but I seem to be having a little trouble getting started after days of trying to figure out what is going on here. I followed the getting started wiki tutorial to a tee. Made sure my Mysql database is working properly. All servers seem to be running properly, but I still cant get this to work. After starting the servers, Using cygwin I change dir to the client. Start the client as I'm told too by using ./MultiverseClient.exe --development --world localhost. Client starts up to a white screen with the login form. The tutorial just tells me to login to the server so I figure okay I guess I type a random username, and password? it doesn't give you no default account to use. So I do that, and nothing. doesn't matter what I use for an account name it acts like its connecting, but never connects. It just sits at the white login window. I've checked numorous server logs, and nothing. No errors. The only error I can find is in the client log which reads this: Failed to connect to login server at master.multiversemmo.com:9005

Okay... but I already told the client its connecting to localhost like the tutorial told me too? So I dont understand whats going on with this. Any help would be much apreciated.
Back to top Go down
theryn
theryn

PostSubject: Re: Having troubles getting started   Having troubles getting started EmptyTue 22 May - 14:09

I'm having the same problem with my client. I'm on Windows Vista SP2 and only downloaded the client installer from sourceforge less than 24 hours ago.

I haven't got the server loading up properly yet, though! I'll start a new thread for my server issues. Smile
Back to top Go down
theryn
theryn

PostSubject: Re: Having troubles getting started   Having troubles getting started EmptyTue 22 May - 15:17

Ok, an update. I ran the .exe file that was in the SourceForge list. The new icon that turned up on my desktop didn't work.

Then I restarted my computer and tried the new icon again.

It ran the patcher, then came up with the logon screen, as expected.

So, the problem seems to be the .msi file I downloaded... sourceforge picked that as the most up-to-date.

See if the .exe sourceforge file helps, Ryuth? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryuth
Ryuth

PostSubject: Re: Having troubles getting started   Having troubles getting started EmptyTue 22 May - 19:51

I did the excact same thing hours ago, and the client seems to connect. Now I have trouble with assets. I forgot I moved my asset files, and never updated it. Easy fix, but now all my tools are crashing -_- lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having troubles getting started   Having troubles getting started Empty

Back to top Go down

Having troubles getting started
Page 1 of 1