Official Community Forums

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 

Release [AssetImporter] and [AssetPackager] Built from SVN Crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xangis
Foundation Developer

PostSubject: Release [AssetImporter] and [AssetPackager] Built from SVN Crashing   Sat 26 May - 3:29

If I build the debug versions of the Asset Importer and the Asset Packager from the source code on SourceForge, they run fine.

If I build the release versions of them, they crash with a BadImageFormatException:

I've looked up the exception and taken a look at the debug vs. release dlls to see if there's an obvious problem. Didn't find one. I used JetBrains dotPeek to double-check the .NET version Multiverse.AssetRepository uses and it's 2.0, same as AssetImporter and AssetPackager. I also stepped through to code to see if there was an obvious failure point. Didn't find the cause. Not a huge showstopper because I can use the debug builds, but still annoying.

Anyone have a clue why the release build of those tools would not like Multiverse.AssetRepository.dll?
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
Xangis
Foundation Developer

PostSubject: Re: Release [AssetImporter] and [AssetPackager] Built from SVN Crashing   Sat 26 May - 8:11

I found the problem.

I'm on 64-bit Windows. The debug builds of the AssetPackager and AssetImporter are set to platform "x86". The release were set to "Any CPU". Changing the release build platform target to "x86" to match the debug build in the csproj file made the release build stop crashing. The other tools already have x86 for both debug and release.

I'll create a ticket and check the fix into svn.
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com

Release [AssetImporter] and [AssetPackager] Built from SVN Crashing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1