Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

[World Editor] randomly crashing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKyle
TheKyle

[World Editor] randomly crashing Empty
PostSubject: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing EmptyThu 28 Jun - 19:26

I'm not sure if this post should be here or under bus and issues, but I'll post it here.

When I'm using the world editor it'll work then randomly crash.

here's the last bit of the logs
Code:
INFO  [2012-06-28 17:57:55,693] Axiom                Upgraded LOD of 495 subPages
WARN  [2012-06-28 18:10:11,791] D3DRenderWindow      Device State: DeviceNotReset
ERROR [2012-06-28 18:10:11,945] Exception            Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
  at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset(PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
  at Axiom.RenderSystems.DirectX9.D3DRenderWindow.SwapBuffers(Boolean waitForVSync) in C:\mverse\Axiom\RenderSystems\DirectX9\D3DRenderWindow.cs:line 631
  at Axiom.Graphics.RenderWindow.Update() in C:\mverse\Axiom\Engine\Graphics\RenderWindow.cs:line 164
  at Axiom.RenderSystems.DirectX9.D3DRenderWindow.Update() in C:\mverse\Axiom\RenderSystems\DirectX9\D3DRenderWindow.cs:line 863
  at Axiom.Graphics.RenderSystem.UpdateAllRenderTargets() in C:\mverse\Axiom\Engine\Graphics\RenderSystem.cs:line 636
  at Axiom.Core.Root.UpdateAllRenderTargets() in C:\mverse\Axiom\Engine\Core\Root.cs:line 742
  at Axiom.Core.Root.RenderOneFrame() in C:\mverse\Axiom\Engine\Core\Root.cs:line 614
  at Axiom.Core.Root.StartRendering() in C:\mverse\Axiom\Engine\Core\Root.cs:line 670
  at Multiverse.Tools.WorldEditor.WorldEditor.Start(String[] args) in C:\mverse\Tools\WorldEditor\WorldEditor.cs:line 1385
  at Multiverse.Tools.WorldEditor.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\mverse\Tools\WorldEditor\Program.cs:line 70
Back to top Go down
http://the-kyle.info/
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing EmptyFri 29 Jun - 1:00

It might be a problem with your graphics card driver...check and see if it the most recent one.

Does the screen go black for a second before it randomly crashes?

What are the specs of the computer you are running it on.
Back to top Go down
TheKyle
TheKyle

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing EmptyFri 29 Jun - 1:11

driver's up to date.

doesn't go black, windows just whites out the whole window and pops up with blah blah program crashed.

as for the hardware:

GFX Card 8400GS
CPU E8500 3.16ghz dual core 64bit
4gb ddr3 ram
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing EmptyFri 29 Jun - 2:10

Does it happen everytime you run the world editor or only for a specific world?
Are you using the default assets or custom assets.

Are there any other warnings or errors in the log file?
Back to top Go down
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing EmptyFri 29 Jun - 3:18

I fixed a few crashes with the tools in the code, but they haven't been released yet. Hopefully we'll get an official updated release out soon. You can try my "unofficial" build if you want:

http://trollwarrior.com/MultiverseToolsSetup.exe

It's a good idea to uninstall the previous tools before using, and make sure to keep backups of your data and save often -- but that also goes for the current tools release too. It's more stable than the previous version, but not perfect yet.
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
TheKyle
TheKyle

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing EmptyFri 29 Jun - 10:30

Delurin wrote:
Does it happen everytime you run the world editor or only for a specific world?
Are you using the default assets or custom assets.

Are there any other warnings or errors in the log file?

happened on 2 of the sample worlds.

the only warns are

Code:
WARN  [2012-06-28 17:55:48,500] D3D9RenderSystem    Calling Device.Reset
if you want the whole log I can put it on pastebin for you.

Xangis wrote:
I fixed a few crashes with the tools in the code, but they haven't been released yet. Hopefully we'll get an official updated release out soon. You can try my "unofficial" build if you want:
I'll give it a shot but chrome's telling me it's dangerous and that's never happened on any other downloads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] randomly crashing   [World Editor] randomly crashing Empty

Back to top Go down

[World Editor] randomly crashing
Page 1 of 1