Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Multiverse client crash--fixed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
GabriëL*KnighT

Multiverse client crash--fixed Empty
PostSubject: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 4:56

Hey guys,

I finally have my servers running. I actually got them running a few days ago, but haven't yet connected with the client. Have been a little busy.

Anyway, I just connected with --development --world localhost --noupdate. I entered the guest username and password and the client started. I created a character and when I clicked "play", the client just closed. It doesn't give an error.

The client log shows this:

Code:
Exception connecting to rdp world server multiversemmo.com:5050 : System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
  at Multiverse.Network.Rdp.RdpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
  at Multiverse.Network.RdpMessageHandler..ctor(IPEndPoint remote, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
  at Multiverse.Network.RdpWorldMessageHandler..ctor(IPEndPoint remote, MessageDispatcher dispatcher)
  at Multiverse.Network.NetworkHelper.RdpWorldConnect(String hostname, Int32 port)
WARN  [2012-08-04 19:45:29,219] Exception            Exception connecting to rdp world server multiversemmo.com:5050 : System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
  at Multiverse.Network.Rdp.RdpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
  at Multiverse.Network.RdpMessageHandler..ctor(IPEndPoint remote, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
  at Multiverse.Network.RdpWorldMessageHandler..ctor(IPEndPoint remote, MessageDispatcher dispatcher)
  at Multiverse.Network.NetworkHelper.RdpWorldConnect(String hostname, Int32 port)

I've never "patched" the client. Don't know if I should? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards

Gabriël

Last edited by GabriëL*KnighT on Sun 5 Aug - 9:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 4:58

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Hey guys,

I finally have my servers running. I actually got them running a few days ago, but haven't yet connected with the client. Have been a little busy.

Anyway, I just connected with --development --world localhost --noupdate. I entered the guest username and password and the client started. I created a character and when I clicked "play", the client just closed. It doesn't give an error.

The client log shows this:

Code:
Exception connecting to rdp world server multiversemmo.com:5050 : System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
WARN  [2012-08-04 19:45:29,219] Exception            Exception connecting to rdp world server multiversemmo.com:5050 : System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.

I've never "patched" the client. Don't know if I should? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards

Gabriël

I Have the same issue it would surely be helpfull if someone could clear this Problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 5:05

Client
multiverseclient.exe --development --noupdate
OR
multiverseclient.exe --development --noupdate --world sampleworld

When it does successfully connect locally for me I do not get the login page

...and make sure the world_settings.xml file is in the right place

World Settings File
The world_settings_sample.xml should be in Multiverse Client/worlds
Rename, mod and copy the world settings file as noted here:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/World_Settings_File_Reference#Working_offline

Thread
I have it working and connecting under native XP thanks to Shane's changes and under Cygwin with
some mods to the startup files.
https://multiverse.forumotion.co.uk/t220-server-startup-failed-solved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Patching   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 5:11

Also it might be a good idea to run it as MultiverseClient.exe without switches and let it patch.

AFAIK login to the master server doesn't work but the user / pwd was guest / guest

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
GabriëL*KnighT

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 7:35

Finally everything works on my side! Very Happy

I ran the client in --standalone --noupdate and suddenly I could get into a blank world. Then I used --development --noupdate, like you suggested and I managed to run around in Sampleworld. Thanks Koron, I didn't think that exact command would make a difference, but it did.

Koron, I see that you're also looking at importing and creating 3d assets at the moment. Have you imported anything yet? I fear that it might be a problem that I'm using Autodesk 3ds max 2013. Guess I could try exporting my assets to blender and try exporting to (the old?) collada format from there...
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 8:05

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Finally everything works on my side! Very Happy

I ran the client in --standalone --noupdate and suddenly I could get into a blank world. Then I used --development --noupdate, like you suggested and I managed to run around in Sampleworld. Thanks Koron, I didn't think that exact command would make a difference, but it did.

Koron, I see that you're also looking at importing and creating 3d assets at the moment. Have you imported anything yet? I fear that it might be a problem that I'm using Autodesk 3ds max 2013. Guess I could try exporting my assets to blender and try exporting to (the old?) collada format from there...

Where do you post that in exactly? im kinda confused.
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
GabriëL*KnighT

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 8:48

Here is basically what I did:

1) I checked that the game_settings.xml file was located in the config folder in the multiverse directory which exists in My Documents. I opened the file and made sure that the settings inside was according to my setup - worldname etc.

2) I opened Windows command prompt and located the MultiverseClient.exe. I then typed MultiverseClient.exe --standalone --noupdate
By doing this I checked if the client can function on its own.

3) Stil in command prompt, I typed Multiverse.exe --development --noupdate. This is the point where everything worked as it should. I read in the wiki (afterwards) that the --development command includes two other commands, which was necessary for my client to connect.

Hope this explains what I did a little better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Importing assets    Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 10:15

For static assets you can use free DeleD http://www.delgine.com/ It has a Multiverse Exporter that works
great for me. You can lightmap models too and the Multiverse exporter just puts everything in the asset repository for you.
Multiverse client crash--fixed MultiverseExporter

I did manage to get Ogre's Sinbad animated model in with at least his dance animation.
He works in the Multiverse model viewer.
https://multiverse.forumotion.co.uk/t244-just-one-animated-model-art-path

Multiverse client crash--fixed Sinbad
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed EmptySat 4 Aug - 12:33

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Here is basically what I did:

1) I checked that the game_settings.xml file was located in the config folder in the multiverse directory which exists in My Documents. I opened the file and made sure that the settings inside was according to my setup - worldname etc.

2) I opened Windows command prompt and located the MultiverseClient.exe. I then typed MultiverseClient.exe --standalone --noupdate
By doing this I checked if the client can function on its own.

3) Stil in command prompt, I typed Multiverse.exe --development --noupdate. This is the point where everything worked as it should. I read in the wiki (afterwards) that the --development command includes two other commands, which was necessary for my client to connect.

Hope this explains what I did a little better.

Somethings wrong... Im still having the same issue as before idon't know why though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse client crash--fixed   Multiverse client crash--fixed Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiverse client crash--fixed
Page 1 of 1