Official Community Forums

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 

Auro SciFi MMO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Auro SciFi MMO   Mon 6 Aug - 13:27

AURO
from our development twiki...

Just sketchy, preliminary and more brainstorming than actual story development. Very Happy

" The universe evolves like the living organisms it contains, Gaia was right if somewhat limited in scope. The future is bright but it is not without peril. There are those who would dominate all, those who resist and those who profit from the wars. Multitudes live out their lives oblivious to the struggles that keep them free.

While peace persists economic prosperity reigns. Commerce flourishes and personal wealth grows without bounds.

War, it seems, benefits few yet continues to plague us all.
"

Sample item descriptions:
Jayla : A jiggly confection for which there is always sufficient appetite.

Pazzi: Round bread smothered in goodies.

Teffee: A soft sweet food sought by young humanoids.

Queetch: A rare dish served only to accomplished warriors.

[very] Preliminary concept art at www.aurogame.com

Cheers Very Happy

Last edited by Koron on Tue 21 Aug - 9:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Art 1   Wed 8 Aug - 23:46

Assorted Textures Very Happy

http://www.aurogame.com

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Alien Font   Wed 8 Aug - 23:56

Any Cryptologists out there? Very Happy

Can you decipher the 4 random words below? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Thu 9 Aug - 1:11

Koron wrote:

I can't read it but i must say the idea of your Game your starting very interessting. Do you have people helping you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Concept Renders   Thu 9 Aug - 5:38

Concept Renders

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks   Thu 9 Aug - 5:48

@SnakeMaster

Thanks Very Happy

For now we have enough help but we'll definitely be looking
for more at some point in the future.

Btw check out www.aurogame.com
The front page has all the clues you need
to decipher the "code" Cool

Cheers

...now I'm back to work study
Back to top Go down
gabzo

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Thu 9 Aug - 15:33

Yeah I was able to decipher pretty cool so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks   Thu 9 Aug - 16:02

Thanks gabzo

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Tue 14 Aug - 19:51

Hey Koron,

the art on your website looks nice, but it takes way too long to look at. I downloaded one of the images and saw that the file size was > 2.5 mb. Is there a reason that you want everything to be that big?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thx   Tue 14 Aug - 22:40

Thanks Gabriel.

Not really a reason.

The images are in various formats and it was just a matter of not .jpg or .gif 'em
when the concept art was first put up.

The new website is under development. Very Happy

Hey I just appreciate you taking a look at it!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Wed 15 Aug - 9:38

Looks really interesting so far Koron, well done!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this pirat

(If you want any help/extra hands with the design of your new site, let me know Smile )

- Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info

PostSubject: Thanks :D   Wed 15 Aug - 11:36

Thanks Tristan!

When we are able to get back to the web dev part I will definitely pm you! cheers

Been away from the webdev end too long.

I have a lot of catching up to do, tool upgrading etc. Still using Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 !

Thanks for taking a look. Very Happy

Btw: gotta say this community rocks.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: More Concept Art   Tue 21 Aug - 9:20

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Art   Sun 26 Aug - 16:37

www.aurogame.com

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Loader/Splash concept   Tue 4 Sep - 3:17

Loader/Splash concept
www.aurogame.com

Back to top Go down
AWM Mars

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Tue 4 Sep - 20:04

I like the concept, its neat.

As a long time photographer/artist, I would offer these comments.

The eye travels around a picture in a set way. It does this to maximise input of detail, with the minimal of movement/effort. Basically, this is known as the 'thirds'. If you split any scene, in whatever format, into thirds along both the sides, top and bottom, then connect the opposite points, you have a picture split into 9 equal areas. The eye will begin at the brightest point, nearest one of the 4 intersections and travel clockwise (moreso) to each intersection.

The title in your picture, whilst it sits along the 2 uppermost intersection 'thirds', it seems like there is a lot of wasted space above it, causing it to be top heavy, and the viewer is subconsciously drawn to make the area smaller and follow the intersections below that line, therefore gaining less information.
This is further acerbated by the man situated in the centre of the bottom area with 2 more discernible objects in view, making it out of balance.

When you photograph an object/person moving, it is better balanced to place them at a third intersection, with the biggest space in front, so they have visual space in which to move into, therefore pulling the viewer around the inner area and not drift away. At the moment, it looks like the man is trying to run out of the picture, and so will the viewers eye, subconsciously looking for what is being chased. You could balance this and recapture the eye, by adding a distant door silhouette, positioned slightly above the man’s shoulder height on the left third intersection. This will also add to the effect that the viewers eye will do another circuit of the picture, absorbing even more information, by maintaining interest, maybe add the title above the door as well. This will give a message that the man is running towards the game, not away from it, adding appeal. Bear in mind, that your eye travel is also controlled by contrast, hence why the picture below is more dynamic)

You have the basics of this in this picture

Adding a slight shadow to the title, will create more depth to the picture. The same would be true if you add a slight motion blur to the man.

This may sound like an awful lot, but its small tweaks, nothing more. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks!   Wed 5 Sep - 7:51

Thanks AWM!

I really appreciate the critique! Very Happy

Read every word. Great points.

Looks like I have some learning to do.

I have to admit my art expertise is limited to a vague recollection of the golden mean
somewhere in a college art class. Smile

BTW: Have you perused any of the GW2 concept art?
Wondering what you think of it. Reminds me of Vallejo and Frazetta. Smile

Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
AWM Mars

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Wed 5 Sep - 19:32

Koron wrote:

BTW: Have you perused any of the GW2 concept art?
Wondering what you think of it. Reminds me of Vallejo and Frazetta. Smile

Thank you. Smile
I'm not familiar with the concept art GW2 (assuming Guild Wars 2), but a quick search did bring up some splendid images. I note the almost lack of colour range used. They have made good use of the family of colour sets. Some go together in a powerful way and help convey the intended message. It is also reminiscent of Japanese Art, with the limited (but enough) colour range. Using silhouettes, the brain can easily fill in the blanks, for objects familiar. You could almost imagine a revival for the use of the GIF format Smile

I never really studied art, mainly photography. This led me to do machinima (digital movie making). The 'Thirds' rule, applies in almost every arena these days, especially as we hold such stead to marketing. Even the dullest subject can be appealing if presented in the right way.

What is interesting is, using greytones, really makes you look at the detail in the picture, colour is simply another enhancement. Try looking at your art in greytone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Final Frontier :)   Wed 12 Sep - 11:15

www.aurogame.com

Back to top Go down
AWM Mars

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Thu 13 Sep - 4:36

The difference in composure of those 3 pictures above, shows that the 'rules have been obeyed'. I could laboriously explain how the eye travels around each of the pictures, and why. But anyone who has seen the pictures have already done the routes subconsciously. Whether they understand why those pictures are so different or not, they will be more appealing and interesting.

On the first picture, my eye did a double rotation, as I started with the round object/symbol in the top right, and once completed the first rotation, the eye was drawn to the two small detailed objects, one looking like the top half of a haywain, the other a scroll, in the second rotation.

The middle one, with its two secret doors, linked by a mysterious sunrise/set, accompanied by the 'Northern Lights', gives a richness in detail and interest. You want to know what is behind those doors.

The third, looks like something you would see in a picture from the Hubble Telescope.

I'm sure many will appreciate these graphics as I did Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dbennett455

PostSubject: don't I feel stupid   Sat 11 May - 4:17

I actually deciphered the first three based on English text assumption and that the second word was repeated in the third. There was only one logical match and that gave me the first word. Removing those letters from the alphabet left a probability for the forth. Then I realized the key was on your home page. duh.

uo
ǝʇɐǝɹɔ
ʇɐǝ
dɐɹʇ

[quote="SnakeMaster"]
Koron wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   Wed 12 Jun - 10:38

dbennett455 wrote:
I actually deciphered the first three based on English text assumption and that the second word was repeated in the third. There was only one logical match and that gave me the first word. Removing those letters from the alphabet left a probability for the forth. Then I realized the key was on your home page. duh.

uo
ǝʇɐǝɹɔ
ʇɐǝ
dɐɹʇ

Good Job! Very Happy

We did a TT font, just caps, in an old copy of CorelDraw, lots of font tools but this one was lying around.

Creating all the art is both a blast and a ton of work!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auro SciFi MMO   

Back to top Go down

Auro SciFi MMO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1