Official Community Forums
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 
 

 Server Configuration Error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnakeMaster
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Switzerland

PostSubject: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 18:51

Hello guys im having an issue with the starting up from the multiverse server.
I just wanna point out i left all optional things out aka Cyngwin and Enviroments Variables.

So now i started setting up the server and i started it up. It seemd good by then but i came to configuring it and this came up.

Code:
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\dnsns
.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\local
edata.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunec
.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunjc
e_provider.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunms
capi.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\zipfs
.jar'

STARTUP FAILED -- didnt complete after 120 seconds.
Please stop server.

Then i tried it again
and this came up.

Code:


C:\MV\multiverse\bin>START /B java  -Dmultiverse.rundir=run\sampleworld -client
-Xms32m -Xmx256m -cp "..\dist\lib\injected.jar;..\dist\lib\multiverse.jar;..\dis
t\lib\mars.jar;..\dist\lib\sampleworld.jar;..\other\rhino1_5R5\js.jar;..\other\j
ava-getopt-1.0.11.jar;..\other\jython.jar;c:\mysql-connector-java-5.1.21\mysql-c
onnector-java-5.1.21-bin.jar;..\other\log4j-1.2.14.jar;..\other\bcel-5.2.jar" -D
multiverse.propertyfile=multiverse.properties -Dmultiverse.logs=..\logs\samplewo
rld    -Dmultiverse.loggername=domain    multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer
  -t ..\config\common\typenumbers.txt    -a combat -a wmgr_1 -a mobserver -a o
bjmgr -a login_manager -a proxy_1 -a instance -a voiceserver    -p Login,1 -p P
roxy,1 -p ObjectManager,1 -p WorldManager,1 -p Inventory,1 -p MobManager,1 -p Qu
est,1 -p Instance,1 -p Voice,1 -p Trainer,1 -p Group,1 -p Combat,1 -p ClassAbili
ty,1 -p Domain,1
Starting world manager
Starting combat server
Starting instance server
Starting object manager
Starting login manager
Starting proxy server
Starting mob server
Starting voice server
Wait for finished initializing msg...

C:\MV\multiverse\bin>Multiverse server version 1.5 0 (- -)

But then i typed this status-multiverse.bat and this came up.
Code:

C:\MV\multiverse\bin>status-multiverse.bat
MV_HOME is not defined, using relative paths
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
: NOTE: This script works only on Windows XP Pro and Media Center Edition    :
: If you see an error such as                                                :
: " 'tasklist' is not recognized as an internal or external command..."      :
: Then your OS doesn't support this script.                                  :
: You can download a utility to run the script with XP Home Edition.  See    :
: http://update.multiverse.net/wiki/index.php/Running_the_Servers            :
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
Combat server: running
Message domain server: running
Instance server: running
Login server: running
Mob server: running
Object server: running
Proxy server: running
Voice server: running
World manager: running

C:\MV\multiverse\bin>status-multiverse.bat

It seems like its running right?
well i tried to log in with MultiverseClient.exe --development --world localhost

i then logged in with guest/guest

but then i came to the character creation choose a character and the client crashed.

So what did i do wrong? I did exactly as said in the Tutorial.
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 19:13

Try running the client with --standalone --noupdate and see if you can get into a blank world. If this works, use --development --noupdate.

Let me know if it is still doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 19:29

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Try running the client with --standalone --noupdate and see if you can get into a blank world. If this works, use --development --noupdate.

Let me know if it is still doing the same thing.

worked
--standalone --noupdate

didn't work
--development --noupdate

doesn't work also.
MultiverseClient.exe --development --world localhost

anyreason?
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 21:11

SnakeMaster wrote:
GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Try running the client with --standalone --noupdate and see if you can get into a blank world. If this works, use --development --noupdate.

Let me know if it is still doing the same thing.

worked
--standalone --noupdate

didn't work
--development --noupdate

doesn't work also.
MultiverseClient.exe --development --world localhost

anyreason?

When i tried the --standalone was when the server wasnt online. Any idea?
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 21:20

Assuming you are running Windows 7, do you have a world_settings.xml file in Documents-Multiverse World Browser- Config?

If so, is the world_id sampleworld and are the hrefs set up according to your patcher.html and asset repository locations?

*Sent from my PDA
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 21:24

SnakeMaster wrote:
SnakeMaster wrote:
GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Try running the client with --standalone --noupdate and see if you can get into a blank world. If this works, use --development --noupdate.

Let me know if it is still doing the same thing.

worked
--standalone --noupdate

didn't work
--development --noupdate

doesn't work also.
MultiverseClient.exe --development --world localhost

anyreason?

When i tried the --standalone was when the server wasnt online. Any idea?

Standalone does not use your server. There is script at your client-side that emulates a generic server.

*Sent from my PDA
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 23:35

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Assuming you are running Windows 7, do you have a world_settings.xml file in Documents-Multiverse World Browser- Config?

If so, is the world_id sampleworld and are the hrefs set up according to your patcher.html and asset repository locations?

*Sent from my PDA

Sadly i can't find any world_settings.xml neither in documents Multiverse or anywhere else. Any other idea?
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Wed 8 Aug - 23:44

Okay, I think we might have found your problem. I'm not at my PC, but I'll try to remember what you need to do.

  • Go to where you installed the Multiverse Client. For me it was something like c:/Program Files (x86)/Multiverse Software Foundation/Multiverse Client.


  • Somewhere in that folder you will find world_settings_sample.xml (or something like that). Rename it to world_settings.xml.


  • Edit the file and make sure that it corresponds to your setup (as I mentioned before ---- check the paths and make sure the id is sampleworld).


  • Copy it to Documents -> Multiverse World Browser-> Config


  • Try running your client in --development --noupdate


Let me know if you make progress!
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Thu 9 Aug - 0:49

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
Okay, I think we might have found your problem. I'm not at my PC, but I'll try to remember what you need to do.

  • Go to where you installed the Multiverse Client. For me it was something like c:/Program Files (x86)/Multiverse Software Foundation/Multiverse Client.


  • Somewhere in that folder you will find world_settings_sample.xml (or something like that). Rename it to world_settings.xml.


  • Edit the file and make sure that it corresponds to your setup (as I mentioned before ---- check the paths and make sure the id is sampleworld).


  • Copy it to Documents -> Multiverse World Browser-> Config


  • Try running your client in --development --noupdate


Let me know if you make progress!

The forth point is a problem. I have no Config folder in MV world browser only a logs folder. What now?
Back to top Go down
GabriëL*KnighT
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Thu 9 Aug - 5:12

There should be 4 folders.
First, start your model viewer and choose your repository. Perhaps it will create the folders.

Else:


I think you should create a Config folder and paste the file into it.

Otherwise you might want to try reinstalling your client- make sure you have the latest version.
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   Thu 9 Aug - 6:12

GabriëL*KnighT wrote:
There should be 4 folders.
First, start your model viewer and choose your repository. Perhaps it will create the folders.

Else:


I think you should create a Config folder and paste the file into it.

Otherwise you might want to try reinstalling your client- make sure you have the latest version.

I tried it and its still not working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Server Configuration Error?   

Back to top Go down
 
Server Configuration Error?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Server connection error. Please reload the page...
» Server connection errors
» [Solved] Logging in to invalid game server! Please help!
» Diablo 2 Error when creating game
» .^f2F-.Swemmei Recruting in server 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Development :: Getting Started-
Jump to: