Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Agamemnon is back

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Agamemnon
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Agamemnon

Agamemnon is back Empty
PostSubject: Agamemnon is back   Agamemnon is back EmptySun 26 Aug - 14:14

Raised from the dead, to lend whatever assistance I can to the foundation.

A little about me:

I was a co-founder of Wardog Studios, developer and eventually lead designer for Force of Arms, The Mech MMORPG game developed under license with Multiverse. As a company we were in the closed beta ranks with Max gaming and a couple solo teams helping bug test the server code. We even partied with Ron and Bill, at the MV booth at GDC and were forum regulars or moderators. We as a development team for all intensive purposes went defunct when MV did in 2011. I was lead designer, lead server architecture engineer responsible for building most of what you saw in our beta world. I built the Beta server for both Force of Arms and another Multiverse projects (Post Moderna). I was responsible for daily operations, code updates, Host OS server/security updates, SQL db and general design, layout, terrain and other world-building activities. I know Linux (Primarily dealt with Ubuntu and built all of our MV servers on it, but have built others versions). Towards the end I worked a lot on quest design, model integration and combat improvements (which was sorely needed in MV). I also redesigned the client interface code/character selection screen with our CEO to make it more usable. I worked with the terrain editor, asset importer/packager and the world editor.

My day job is a security engineer in a major hospital system (5+) in the Atlanta area. I formerly was the Duty Manager of technology operations at Delta and then senior security engineer when they went into bankruptcy. I have about 25 yrs of computer, communications and networking experience (firewalls, routers, vpn's etc). I'm not a strong coder, but have some recent C#, Java and Python experience from my time working with MV with a little bit of XML and Shader knowledge thrown in for good measure.

I'm here to help out where I can, if I don't know or can't do it I will tell you. It's been a good year since I've even looked at the MV stuff. Since we basically had moved onto the Hero engine when MV died off but that never got off the ground and I didn't feel like starting over learning a new engine. I can get a sampleworld server up an running on Ubuntu in about 30-45 mins and wrote the Ubuntu Linux tutorial on the old forums with all the screenshots.

I look forward to playing around with MV again, talking with Delurin into the wee hours about code issues and any other things MV related. I do have all of my old code from FOA and my VMware server build outs locally from my offline test environment which I used to update and test before pushing to the live production boxes hosted by MV. Let me know where to jump in. Very Happy

R,

Agamemnon
Back to top Go down

Agamemnon is back Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Back   Agamemnon is back EmptySun 26 Aug - 15:18

Welcome back. Smile

Looking forward to your contributions cheers

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

Agamemnon is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agamemnon is back   Agamemnon is back EmptyTue 28 Aug - 0:26

Welcome back nice to see some old members
Back to top Go down
Agamemnon
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Agamemnon

Agamemnon is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agamemnon is back   Agamemnon is back EmptySat 15 Sep - 7:59

Thanks, just finished DragonCon 2012 so am getting back into things. This is about where I started with Force of Arms with Multiverse back around 2009. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Agamemnon is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agamemnon is back   Agamemnon is back Empty

Back to top Go down

Agamemnon is back
Page 1 of 1