Official Community Forums
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 
 

 a problem in running server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 8:23

Hi, I am trying to run the server following this link: http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Platform_Tutorial_Getting_Started

but it didn't work:(
the error is
Code:

DEFAULT_MV_PROPERTYFILE is c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties
MV_HOME is c:\multiverse
ENABLE_MGMT is true
Using properties file c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties
JDBC is c:\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar
Using world file "c:\multiverse\config\sampleworld\sampleworld.mvw"
Enabling JMX mgmt and monitoring
Using world script directory c:\multiverse\config\sampleworld
Using log directory c:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld
Using common directory c:\multiverse\config\common
Java Flags are: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dmultiverse.rundir=run\samplewor
ld -client -Xms32m -Xmx256m -cp "c:\multiverse\dist\lib\injected.jar;c:\multiver
se\dist\lib\multiverse.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\lib\mars.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\li
b\sampleworld.jar;c:\multiverse\other\rhino1_5R5\js.jar;c:\multiverse\other\java
-getopt-1.0.11.jar;c:\multiverse\other\jython.jar;c:\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14
\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar;c:\multiverse\other\log4j-1.2.14.jar;c:\mul
tiverse\other\bcel-5.2.jar" -Dmultiverse.propertyfile=c:\multiverse\bin\multiver
se.properties -Dmultiverse.logs=c:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld
Starting message domain server

C:\multiverse\bin>START /B java  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dmultiverse.run
dir=run\sampleworld -client -Xms32m -Xmx256m -cp "c:\multiverse\dist\lib\injecte
d.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\lib\multiverse.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\lib\mars.jar;c:\m
ultiverse\dist\lib\sampleworld.jar;c:\multiverse\other\rhino1_5R5\js.jar;c:\mult
iverse\other\java-getopt-1.0.11.jar;c:\multiverse\other\jython.jar;c:\mysql-conn
ector-java-3.1.14\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar;c:\multiverse\other\log4j-
1.2.14.jar;c:\multiverse\other\bcel-5.2.jar" -Dmultiverse.propertyfile=c:\multiv
erse\bin\multiverse.properties -Dmultiverse.logs=c:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld
    -Dmultiverse.loggername=domain    multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer          -
t c:\multiverse\config\common\typenumbers.txt    -a combat -a wmgr_1 -a mobserv
er -a objmgr -a login_manager -a proxy_1 -a instance -a voiceserver    -p Login
,1 -p Proxy,1 -p ObjectManager,1 -p WorldManager,1 -p Inventory,1 -p MobManager,
1 -p Quest,1 -p Instance,1 -p Voice,1 -p Trainer,1 -p Group,1 -p Combat,1 -p Cla
ssAbility,1 -p Domain,1
Starting world manager
Starting combat server
Starting instance server
Starting object manager
Starting login manager
Starting proxy server
Starting mob server
Starting voice server
Wait for finished initializing msg...
Multiverse server version 1.5 0 (- -)

STARTUP FAILED -- didnt complete after 120 seconds.
Please stop server.



what is the problem?
thanks
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-11-21
Location : Chicago Land

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 8:32

You need to look in the multiverse/logs/sampleworld folder and review all the .out files. not the .out1 or .out2 files. Inside there you should see a specific error for the specific module that is failing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 8:36

CobaltBlues wrote:
You need to look in the multiverse/logs/sampleworld folder and review all the .out files. not the .out1 or .out2 files. Inside there you should see a specific error for the specific module that is failing.
what should I do with .out files? should I change something ? sorry I didn't get what u mean with "review " :$
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-11-21
Location : Chicago Land

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 8:43

You need to open the .out files in the a text editor and look through them until you find a section that says Error or Exception. That will be the specific error that is occurring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 9:31

CobaltBlues wrote:
You need to open the .out files in the a text editor and look through them until you find a section that says Error or Exception. That will be the specific error that is occurring.
it is very difficult to search about error through these files :/
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-11-21
Location : Chicago Land

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 9:50

That's the only way you can pinpoint the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Check the .OUT logs   Sat 29 Dec - 14:01

CobaltBlues is right. Very Happy

In Windows use find "ERROR" *.out



Include the output from your .out log files using the "Code" tag <> when you post Very Happy

The window output doesn't really reveal what the issue is. Sad

My .out log file locations for the server are: C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld

Check this:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Server_Troubleshooting#Examine_log_files_to_find_errors

You can open up a command prompt in your logs\sampleworld folder and type find "ERROR" *.out

The .out and .log files tell you a lot. When you find an "ERROR" just post the whole .out file here using <code> tags.
My important logs are:

Server
C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld

Client
User\My Documents\Multiverse World Browser\Logs

Also check Tristan's post
http://multiverse.forumotion.co.uk/t7-log-file-locations

Happy Holidays santa rendeer rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 19:59

Koron wrote:
CobaltBlues is right. Very Happy

In Windows use find "ERROR" *.out



Include the output from your .out log files using the "Code" tag <> when you post Very Happy

The window output doesn't really reveal what the issue is. Sad

My .out log file locations for the server are: C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld

Check this:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Server_Troubleshooting#Examine_log_files_to_find_errors

You can open up a command prompt in your logs\sampleworld folder and type find "ERROR" *.out

The .out and .log files tell you a lot. When you find an "ERROR" just post the whole .out file here using <code> tags.
My important logs are:

Server
C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld

Client
User\My Documents\Multiverse World Browser\Logs

Also check Tristan's post
http://multiverse.forumotion.co.uk/t7-log-file-locations

Happy Holidays santa rendeer rendeer rendeer
Thanks for answering Smile
after I type find "EORROR"*.out:



Code:


Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.


C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>find "ERROR" *.out

---------- COMBAT.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:03,955] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- DOMAIN.OUT

---------- INSTANCE.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:03,328] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- LOGIN_MANAGER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:02,798] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- MOBSERVER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:03,786] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- OBJMGR.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:03,325] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- PROXY_1.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:17:47,976] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- VOICESERVER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:03,418] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

---------- WMGR_1.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 00:18:03,869] main                Engine.main: error connecti
ng to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find cla
ss: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>

the problem is could not find class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, how can we solve this prob?? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 20:29

Hi Spotlight,

Looks like MV server can't find your mysql driver. So place it exactly here:

c:\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

..since this is the file configuration that you have setup, or just change the file location in your multiverse.properties file to wherever you want to place the jar file. This file is already included in your server package download, it is located under your

server-root-folder/other/mysql-jdbc/mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

Try this one and let us know if it works for you Smile
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 20:41

rotello wrote:
Hi Spotlight,

Looks like MV server can't find your mysql driver. So place it exactly here:

c:\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

..since this is the file configuration that you have setup, or just change the file location in your multiverse.properties file to wherever you want to place the jar file. This file is already included in your server package download, it is located under your

server-root-folder/other/mysql-jdbc/mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

Try this one and let us know if it works for you Smile
Sad Sad It didn't work
I changed the multiverse.jdbcJarPath to the location of mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar :
multiverse.jdbcJarPath=C:\\multiverse\\other\\mysql-jdbc\\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar
and then I started the server but it failed Sad

Code:
DEFAULT_MV_PROPERTYFILE is c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties
MV_HOME is c:\multiverse
ENABLE_MGMT is true
Using properties file c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties
JDBC is C:\multiverse\other\mysql-jdbc\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar
Using world file "c:\multiverse\config\sampleworld\sampleworld.mvw"
Enabling JMX mgmt and monitoring
Using world script directory c:\multiverse\config\sampleworld
Using log directory c:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld
Using common directory c:\multiverse\config\common
Java Flags are: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dmultiverse.rundir=run\samplewor
ld -client -Xms32m -Xmx256m -cp "c:\multiverse\dist\lib\injected.jar;c:\multiver
se\dist\lib\multiverse.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\lib\mars.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\li
b\sampleworld.jar;c:\multiverse\other\rhino1_5R5\js.jar;c:\multiverse\other\java
-getopt-1.0.11.jar;c:\multiverse\other\jython.jar;C:\multiverse\other\mysql-jdbc
\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar;c:\multiverse\other\log4j-1.2.14.jar;c:\mul
tiverse\other\bcel-5.2.jar" -Dmultiverse.propertyfile=c:\multiverse\bin\multiver
se.properties -Dmultiverse.logs=c:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld
Starting message domain server

C:\multiverse\bin>START /B java  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dmultiverse.run
dir=run\sampleworld -client -Xms32m -Xmx256m -cp "c:\multiverse\dist\lib\injecte
d.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\lib\multiverse.jar;c:\multiverse\dist\lib\mars.jar;c:\m
ultiverse\dist\lib\sampleworld.jar;c:\multiverse\other\rhino1_5R5\js.jar;c:\mult
iverse\other\java-getopt-1.0.11.jar;c:\multiverse\other\jython.jar;C:\multiverse
\other\mysql-jdbc\mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar;c:\multiverse\other\log4j-
1.2.14.jar;c:\multiverse\other\bcel-5.2.jar" -Dmultiverse.propertyfile=c:\multiv
erse\bin\multiverse.properties -Dmultiverse.logs=c:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld
    -Dmultiverse.loggername=domain    multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer          -
t c:\multiverse\config\common\typenumbers.txt    -a combat -a wmgr_1 -a mobserv
er -a objmgr -a login_manager -a proxy_1 -a instance -a voiceserver    -p Login
,1 -p Proxy,1 -p ObjectManager,1 -p WorldManager,1 -p Inventory,1 -p MobManager,
1 -p Quest,1 -p Instance,1 -p Voice,1 -p Trainer,1 -p Group,1 -p Combat,1 -p Cla
ssAbility,1 -p Domain,1
Starting world manager
Starting combat server
Starting instance server
Starting object manager
Starting login manager
Starting proxy server
Starting mob server
Starting voice server
Wait for finished initializing msg...
Multiverse server version 1.5 0 (- -)
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\multiverse\other\mysql-jdbc\mysql-con
nector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar'

STARTUP FAILED -- didnt complete after 120 seconds.
Please stop server.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 20:54


No worries, check again the .out file for new errors. It's a step-by-step process and have been there before (actually experienced that on my first install). You'll see it will get sorted out soon with community help here :-)
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 20:59

rotello wrote:

No worries, check again the .out file for new errors. It's a step-by-step process and have been there before (actually experienced that on my first install). You'll see it will get sorted out soon with community help here :-)
Thanks for helping me Smile that is kindness from u

New error Very Happy
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Ala'a>cd C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld

C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>find "ERROR" *.out

---------- COMBAT.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,340] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,377] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'm
observer' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,399] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'p
roxy_1' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,430] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'l
ogin_manager' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,452] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'o
bjmgr' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,480] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'i
nstance' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

---------- DOMAIN.OUT

---------- INSTANCE.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:46:42,109] Instance-2          handleMessageImpl java.lang
.NullPointerException
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:46:42,117] main                ScriptManager.runPYFile: fi
le=c:\multiverse\config\sampleworld\startup_instance.py Traceback (innermost las
t):
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,337] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,376] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'm
observer' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,398] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'p
roxy_1' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,430] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'l
ogin_manager' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,449] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'o
bjmgr' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

---------- LOGIN_MANAGER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,344] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,378] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'm
observer' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,401] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'p
roxy_1' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

---------- MOBSERVER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,341] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

---------- OBJMGR.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,342] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,372] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'm
observer' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,400] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'p
roxy_1' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,428] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'l
ogin_manager' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

---------- PROXY_1.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,339] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,375] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'm
observer' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

---------- VOICESERVER.OUT

---------- WMGR_1.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,334] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'v
oiceserver' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,375] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'm
observer' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,398] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'p
roxy_1' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,429] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'l
ogin_manager' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,451] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'o
bjmgr' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,480] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'i
nstance' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]
ERROR [2012-12-29 11:55:45,507] MessageIO            Lost connection to agent 'c
ombat' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>
So the error now is about SocketChannel :/
Back to top Go down
piranha9
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 22:07

Hey,

I'm sorry but I can't help you directly on this error, I know I also had it on my installation, but can't remember how I fixed it, there were just too many errors to remember Wink

But some general tips for the installation:

- The windows command line gave me a lot of trouble so I switched to Cygwin, which initially solved ALOT of problems.
- After the servers failed to startup, make sure to shut them down, safest way is killing all java tasks with the taskmanager.
- Double check the config files and sql database, if I remember correcty there must be a user setted up with the activation flag set to 1.
- Mostly all errors I got were solved with the help of the forum and wiki, so the solution is here, you just have to read or ask a lot Wink

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sat 29 Dec - 22:22

piranha9 wrote:
Hey,

I'm sorry but I can't help you directly on this error, I know I also had it on my installation, but can't remember how I fixed it, there were just too many errors to remember Wink

But some general tips for the installation:

- The windows command line gave me a lot of trouble so I switched to Cygwin, which initially solved ALOT of problems.
- After the servers failed to startup, make sure to shut them down, safest way is killing all java tasks with the taskmanager.
- Double check the config files and sql database, if I remember correcty there must be a user setted up with the activation flag set to 1.
- Mostly all errors I got were solved with the help of the forum and wiki, so the solution is here, you just have to read or ask a lot Wink

Cheers,

Ok, I will try to read more and more to solve it Very Happy , but if u remebered how u fixed it tell me Wink
Back to top Go down
Draxthis
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sun 30 Dec - 1:12

Hello SpotLight,
That's a new one for me; however, I did find something similar on the Blackberry forums that had a work around.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=DF0D612FEAE383F2BE23F1ED7CE6C096?externalId=KB29399&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

I do not know if it will help but there were other entries on Google that required a bit more reading. If I come up with anything else, I will post for you.


- Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.LRTerrain.com
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sun 30 Dec - 18:40

Hi again ..
I am trying to search here, but most of pages didn't open with me
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/Server_Troubleshooting
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/Server_Version_1.5_Release_Notes
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/World_Instancing
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/Platform_Tutorial_Getting_Started#Connect_to_local_servers
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/Server_Troubleshooting#Problems_connecting_to_the_servers
http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/Understanding_the_Multiverse_Servers
all of these paged didn't work Sad(
I want to know what is the solution of my problem :
ERROR [2012-12-30 09:29:25,309] MessageIO Lost connection to agent 'c
ombat' java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[closed]

thanks
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Sun 30 Dec - 20:20

I installed cygwin and typed :$ ./multiverse.sh -v start
Code:
Ala'a@Alaa-PC /cygdrive/c/multiverse/bin
$ ./multiverse.sh -v start
*** Starting world  ***
.
.
.

ERROR [2012-12-30 10:40:02,430] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
any help plllllllz Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Mon 31 Dec - 2:24

Where r u my friends ?? Sad I need ur help please :$
When I used this command by cygwin
Code:
$ ./multiverse.sh -v start

I took apart form comments from its window showed
Code:

DEBUG [2012-12-30 15:36:53,881] main Specified property file ../bin/c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties does not exist! Defaulting to command-line properties.

------
DomainCommand: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: failed
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
        at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:121)
        at multiverse.msgsys.MessageAgent.connectToDomain(MessageAgent.java:359)
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:46)
ERROR [2012-12-30 15:36:56,313] main      DomainServer listener java.lang.RuntimeException: TcpServer contructor bind failed
      at multiverse.server.network.TcpServer.<init>(TcpServer.java:22)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.start(DomainServer.java:204)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.main(DomainServer.java:127)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
      at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:1                                                                                                    19)
      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)
      at multiverse.server.network.TcpServer.bind(TcpServer.java:41)
      at multiverse.server.network.TcpServer.<init>(TcpServer.java:19)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.start(DomainServer.java:204)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.main(DomainServer.java:127)
alloc_domain_name failed

---------
ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:15,486] main      Engine.main: error connecting to thedatabase multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
    
     ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:16,466] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my  sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
DomainCommand: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: failed
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
        at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:121)
        at multiverse.msgsys.MessageAgent.connectToDomain(MessageAgent.java:359)
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:46)
alloc_domain_name failed
----------

ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:21,016] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my  sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
DEBUG [2012-12-30 15:37:21,394] main      Specified property file ../bin/c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties does not exist! Defaulting to command-line properties.
Missing log config file, logging to console
----------
ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:32,868] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my  sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)

can we know the solution to run the server successfully?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-12-27
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Mon 31 Dec - 6:45

SpotLight wrote:
Where r u my friends ?? Sad I need ur help please :$
When I used this command by cygwin
Code:
$ ./multiverse.sh -v start

I took apart form comments from its window showed
Code:

DEBUG [2012-12-30 15:36:53,881] main Specified property file ../bin/c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties does not exist! Defaulting to command-line properties.

------
DomainCommand: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: failed
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
        at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:121)
        at multiverse.msgsys.MessageAgent.connectToDomain(MessageAgent.java:359)
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:46)
ERROR [2012-12-30 15:36:56,313] main      DomainServer listener java.lang.RuntimeException: TcpServer contructor bind failed
      at multiverse.server.network.TcpServer.<init>(TcpServer.java:22)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.start(DomainServer.java:204)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.main(DomainServer.java:127)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
      at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:1                                                                                                    19)
      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)
      at multiverse.server.network.TcpServer.bind(TcpServer.java:41)
      at multiverse.server.network.TcpServer.<init>(TcpServer.java:19)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.start(DomainServer.java:204)
      at multiverse.msgsys.DomainServer.main(DomainServer.java:127)
alloc_domain_name failed

---------
ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:15,486] main      Engine.main: error connecting to thedatabase multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
    
     ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:16,466] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my  sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
DomainCommand: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: failed
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
        at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:121)
        at multiverse.msgsys.MessageAgent.connectToDomain(MessageAgent.java:359)
        at multiverse.msgsys.DomainCommand.main(DomainCommand.java:46)
alloc_domain_name failed
----------

ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:21,016] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my  sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)
DEBUG [2012-12-30 15:37:21,394] main      Specified property file ../bin/c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties does not exist! Defaulting to command-line properties.
Missing log config file, logging to console
----------
ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:32,868] main      Engine.main: error connecting to the database multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my  sql.jdbc.Driver
      at multiverse.server.engine.Database.<init>(Database.java:61)
      at multiverse.server.engine.Engine.main(Engine.java:328)

can we know the solution to run the server successfully?

SpotlLight,

Reviewing your log file shows some glaring errors early on, starting with the first line indicating the path is not satisfactory.

Here it looks like there is a copy paste error or some maladjustment to the field:
Code:

DEBUG [2012-12-30 15:36:53,881] main Specified property file ../bin/c:\multiverse\bin\multiverse.properties does not exist! Defaulting to command-line properties.

I have not used the cygwin process so I have no real experience with that, but I can see the path should probably have ../bin/ removed from it.

The next errror that looks important is this one:
Code:

ERROR [2012-12-30 15:37:15,486] main      Engine.main: error connecting to thedatabase multiverse.server.util.MVRuntimeException: could not find class: com.my sql.jdbc.Driver

here it looks like the jdbc.Driver is malconfigured, you will want to review your configuration files and the options you have applied as a starting point.

Hope this helps!

I was able to start the servers without doing very much at all aside from making a couple small modifications to the start_server.bat file.
Back to top Go down
SpotLight
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-12-29
Location : Damas

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Mon 31 Dec - 10:00

Hi,
when I ran the server, the command line showed Multiverse server version 1.5 0 (- -)

Code:
Starting world manager
Starting combat server
Starting instance server
Starting object manager
Starting login manager
Starting proxy server
Starting mob server
Starting voice server
Wait for finished initializing msg...

C:\multiverse\bin>Multiverse server version 1.5 0 (- -)



and when I typed find "ERROR" *.out
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Ala'a>cd C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld

C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>find "Error"*.out
File not found - "Error"*.out

C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>find "ERROR" *.out

---------- COMBAT.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:16,945] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'comba
t', exiting

---------- DOMAIN.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:03,919] main                DomainServer listener java.
lang.RuntimeException: TcpServer contructor bind failed

---------- INSTANCE.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:15,092] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'insta
nce', exiting

---------- LOGIN_MANAGER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:15,176] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'login
_manager', exiting

---------- MOBSERVER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:16,714] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'mobse
rver', exiting

---------- OBJMGR.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:17,017] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'objmg
r', exiting

---------- PROXY_1.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:16,936] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'proxy
_1', exiting

---------- VOICESERVER.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:15,636] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'voice
server', exiting
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:15,918] AgentConnection-9    AgentConnector java.io.IOEx
ception: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

---------- WMGR_1.OUT
ERROR [2012-12-31 00:50:16,145] MessageIO            Duplicate agent name 'wmgr_
1', exiting

C:\multiverse\logs\sampleworld>
did anyone have the same error ?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-12-27
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   Mon 31 Dec - 18:29

SpotLight,

I cannot be sure, as I only had this error briefly on windows, I believe it was due to an already running instance of the said object.

try killing all the running java programs and try again.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: New Wiki Links   Tue 1 Jan - 3:07

The team moved the wiki as part of ongoing development

Start at:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Main_Page

To find a given page just search for the page title or put it after the new "root" url

Example

http://www.multiversemmo.com/wiki/Understanding_the_Multiverse_Servers

is now

http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Understanding_the_Multiverse_Servers


Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: a problem in running server   

Back to top Go down
 
a problem in running server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems--
» Split/Second Racing - Multiplayer - LET'S PLAY!
» Lag playing in Taiwan server from Shanghai
» bF2HUB to keep BF2 servers running
» Problem with connecting to server

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Development :: Getting Started-
Jump to: