Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? Empty
PostSubject: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyMon 18 Feb - 18:34

Now, the right questions will be since does not seems to be any of them:

- what does everyone use for GUI or UI edition?
- how about for particle edition?
- and for material too?

are there any tools for these 3?

like a visual dedicated editor or third party tool and not just script mod then restart client to see effects every single script tweak?
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 11:09

For materials I use the Model Viewer to see changes usually I create a bunch of different ones and load the viewer and look at the differences. For the particles I know there is a particle effect editor for ogre that works but I dont do too many particle effects so I havent done much with it. For Gui you can use the command /resetui to apply changes but if you are relying on server input it will not resend the data so you will need to take that into consideration.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 12:45

thank you,

was looking into ogre particle editor, there is a plugin to import particles from particle universe tool, i wonder if that will work with multiverse

more info here:
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64915

and here
http://www.fxpression.com/
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 12:59

It should work the materials and particle effects are directly from ogre and from everything I have seen can be imported without a problem
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 13:16

Delurin wrote:
For Gui you can use the command /resetui to apply changes but if you are relying on server input it will not resend the data so you will need to take that into consideration.

tried it on ingame chat /resetui after some ui file editing but i get:
unknown command /resetui in chat message box.

is this where supposed to be used the /resetui?

or maybe some other ingame console that i dont know about yet?
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 13:49

It could be /reloadui sorry its more muscle memory
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 13:51

You can see all of the commands in MarsCommand and MarsStandardCommands ... If you enter any of them into the chat box they will run.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyTue 19 Feb - 15:03

thank you bro.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? EmptyMon 25 Mar - 22:04

tried Particle Editor with the existing particles. Works like a charm with some minor tweaking..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?   GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors? Empty

Back to top Go down

GUI, Particle, Materials standalone Editors?
Page 1 of 1