Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Patcher error

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ceesed
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
ceesed

Patcher error Empty
PostSubject: Patcher error   Patcher error EmptySun 24 Feb - 13:14

When I attempt to let the patcher run from the client I get a 404 not found error. On the screen the update html marks as Retrieving Manifest with no progress.

There are a mess of patcher html files in the /website folder from the Sourceforge download but I'm guessing that isn't the issue. As they all seem correct and I'm guessing they are just remnants of someone moving things and not cleaning up.

My question is what files on disk does the patcher want to access once the client knows it needs an non-localhost version.

My setup is server and master not on a local host.

I started looking through the build files for the client to see what the patcher wants but I wasn't really getting anywhere fast so I figured I would ask for some help. Anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
crusty71
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
crusty71

Patcher error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patcher error   Patcher error EmptyWed 10 Jul - 19:50

Same problem here.
Have you found any solution ?

Back to top Go down
http://mmo.overhill.de
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

Patcher error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patcher error   Patcher error EmptyFri 12 Jul - 4:44

@crusty - Stop changing things on the server, I know I am behind schedule but your server setup is NOT complete yet.

@ceesed - The patcher looks for your patch directory based on the URL you have under the media_URL in the world table in your database. I had to hard code the url in my client and recompile it however I did this to eliminate the use of a specific file, Look in C:/>doccuments/multiverse world browser/config you should see a file called world_config.xml open that up in a text editor and change the 3 URLs in there to match what you have in your "world" table in your multiverse database
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patcher error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patcher error   Patcher error Empty

Back to top Go down

Patcher error
Page 1 of 1