Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] Empty
PostSubject: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] EmptyThu 4 Apr - 13:08

Created a project at Codeplex to achieve FPS or 3rd Person Shooter functionality.

Multiverse FPS
https://mvfps.codeplex.com/

I have yet to upload the latest changes (Mouse Look) but already uploaded a Night Vision (Goggles) effect which I successfully converted from Ogre but only works in Stand Alone mode at a moment.

Current Objective:

1) Attack NPC/Players by just pressing an input binding (mouse, keyboard, etc).
2) Cast Ray for collision detection. Near and Far objects depending on weapon of use.
3) Switch between mode (FPS/3PS) by key controls, relocating mouse scroll for other game actions.
4) Other extras/effects to achieve medieval, fantasy or modern FPS/3PS genre.

Feel free to contribute and submit your code here on the above Codeplex site.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] EmptyThu 4 Apr - 14:02

very nice,

for a minute i thought you were working on an rpg project.

got a question, since you brought up the mouse scrolling to be used for a different than what it is now, i was wondering if you can point me to the right direction to make the actual zoom in and out mouse scrolling to make it smooth , since right now is like a stairs effect instead of the smooth continuous camera zoom
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] EmptyThu 4 Apr - 17:21

thanks. Well, you can have both. I don't think RPG with FPS is a new idea. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of interest in MMOFPS. I don't know why they (old MV Company) did not incorporate this feature as a potential where previous and today's top games are mostly massive multi-player shooters. COD, BF3 and a ton of zombie shooter style games. Unity and Crytek's flagship demo/games are both FPS. Epic Games also has the Unreal Tournament title before they concentrated on the game engine business, UDK.

More indies trying out the FPS game making or as a hobby..

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unity+fps

Long list here. I'm sure it will attract more new developers to revamp this engine if this FPS/3PS functionality will be in place.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to the mechanics of the engine, but I think you can tinker with the Multiverse base and client sources as there are a lot of camera orientation settings going on there. You can copy the camera behavior with the part where a player comes to a corner or bumps an object behind him, notice the camera will pan automatically. I hope this kind of movement is what you're looking for. The sources are well commented particularly on critical parts and sections that can be modified.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] EmptyThu 18 Apr - 18:59

screenshot of the Night Vision Shader that I converted from Ogre

Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] 07QY1QZ

works on standalone only..
Back to top Go down
Louis Blackblood
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Louis Blackblood

PostSubject: Re: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] EmptyThu 18 Apr - 19:10

Hey that looks awesome, cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] EmptyThu 18 Apr - 19:25

Hey, thanks. You can download it from my project link above. It only works on standalone mode though, I don't know why..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]   Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project] Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooter MOD [MVFPS Project]
Page 1 of 1