Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Server Bandwidth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyWed 17 Apr - 17:26

was doing some tests and so far am very happy with the bandwidth consumption of multiverse,
pretty much around 1 to 2 kb/s
running around in the sampleworld.

anyone getting better or worse readings?
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyThu 18 Apr - 18:47

Yes, one thing I like with MV is its optimized bandwidth and data transfer method/structure.

I would like to see a true stress test with 300 - 500 or more users with average client bandwidth of at least = T1/T2 connection.
Back to top Go down
Tattiana Talahandra
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Tattiana Talahandra

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyThu 18 Apr - 23:14

I would kill for a t1 or t2 connection, alas, its cox Cable for me here.

If there is ever stress test i would love to participate.

Curious guys, I know everyone is doing thier own projects but what about setting up the demo world or sample world thats reachable to the public as a testing grounds for soemthing like this? If we could get one online then set up a date and time for all of us to be online, perhaps we can have this stress test.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyThu 18 Apr - 23:42

Great idea Tattiana. I have been planning to setup one as well. I think the MV team should really provide a live server , at least for the default sample world or fantasy world, to attract more developers and members, then having more contributions and opportunities. Let's not forget about the hope for a client upgrade Wink
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyFri 19 Apr - 3:16

I am currently working on it

talked to CobaltBlues, and he said that vanquish VPS is still donating the VPS, but demo world failed to start quite some time ago,
so i volunteered to bring it back to life.

I received access to the VPS, and i worked on it yesterday pretty much the whole day long with CobaltBlues, server needed a java update, then i uploaded my working server setup i had on my linux centos box i have for testing locally , and finally got it to start , both server and master server.

the deal now is the login stage, need to work on the web server.

i am just waiting for CobalBlues to grant me ftp acces to the webserver so the server can be all 100% working.

the purpose of that is to work on a nice demo world, since the sample word is a bit outdated, and hopefully ill comeup with something nice.

if you guys like to pitch in some 3d models, textures, scripts, plugins etc... will be great so we can populate the demo scene so we can attract more visitors to join our community to grow.

if you going to donate 3d models or textures, they need to be your own, so we wont have issues with copyright, since this is all open source.

hopefully, ill get ftp access today to get the whole server up and running, so i can at last setup the existing sampleworld while i work on the new demo world to show off.

Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyFri 19 Apr - 9:26

Nice! Let me know if you need some help with web server.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:29

sure,
i am still waiting for CobaltBlues to give me ftp access to webserver.

i pm'ed him this morning but he said he was busy, hopefully he will set me up access soon.

that is all left to do to get the server up and running since the java and master server is already runninng, we just need the login web url to work.
since i assume he disabled it when demo world was down
Back to top Go down
Tattiana Talahandra
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Tattiana Talahandra

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyFri 19 Apr - 14:32

Quote :
if you guys like to pitch in some 3d models, textures, scripts, plugins etc... will be great so we can populate the demo scene so we can attract more visitors to join our community to grow.

if you going to donate 3d models or textures, they need to be your own, so we wont have issues with copyright, since this is all open source.

Now you are speaking my language! Can you guys please make a post on the collaboration section for this demo world? I need to know what you are looking for as contributions like what models, what size textures, and stuff like that. I have a library of all sorts of old freebies i used to reskin and make look new in Activeworlds and have made a couple experimented seamless textures. I gotta get the old workhorse computer up to retrieve some of these but if you are interested, I can do what I can to convert to the file specs you need to import into the demoworld / Sampleworld

also

This demoworld/ sample world could be a gateway to many other things like i think someone mentioned before..... hell it be a great meeting grounds for the rest of us to say hello as we collaborate and scheme our evil plans together. Like a world sandbox (sorta)

To be more appealing to others to come by, hangout, in it while adjusting to the multiverse technologies....why not actually have a name like Yangpin , Muestra, Echantillon, etc...... all those words is "sample" in various languages but still sounds like it could be a cool name if you didnt know the meaning of it right off the bat :')
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth EmptyThu 9 May - 14:52

well guys, I finally have it setup to industry standard, I.E. mysql, dns, apache, multiverse, across multiple machines and in a windows server 2008 / ubuntu server 12.04.2 combination , tichfuie and I were running around on it erler today to verify it was functioning, so, I intend to run it in that configuration on a perminate basis. maybe we can all get together on it one of these days at the same time and try to break it lol

I am also considering hosting a demo world for peole to try out which I think would help generate more intrest in multiverse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Bandwidth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Bandwidth   Server Bandwidth Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Bandwidth
Page 1 of 1