Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Err ... umm how to create a patch?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

Err ... umm   how to create a patch? Empty
PostSubject: Err ... umm how to create a patch?   Err ... umm   how to create a patch? EmptyMon 13 May - 5:10

Been tinkering with building a patch and cant quite get the proceedure down, is there a wiki page on how you go about producing patches for new content you devlop?
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: Err ... umm how to create a patch?   Err ... umm   how to create a patch? EmptyMon 13 May - 8:46

ohh yeah,

that was a painnnnnnnnnn

but this got me going

https://multiverse.forumotion.co.uk/t458-setting-up-the-login-page-patcher

at the end i dropped the stocked MV patcher since planning to build my custom delta binary dif patcher.
this way all world assets can be packed encrypted so players wont tinker or make it hard to tinker with .physics
files

reason is if you havent noticed yet, there is no server side collision detection, all collisions detections are determined in the client side by the physics files folder. (VERY BADDDDDDDDDDDD PRACTICE) for an mmo, pretty much makes the game worthless and open to easy hacks,

a simple wipe of the physics files foder from the client world assets and the player can walkthru walls killing the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: Err ... umm how to create a patch?   Err ... umm   how to create a patch? EmptyMon 13 May - 8:48

lol add that to the list of things to fix lol

right now I am trying to get the max export plugin working, I have no idea how to set the repo from within max and it wont export without one. Im probably going to have to take out the repo check in the max script so it will just export to a genaric directory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Err ... umm how to create a patch?   Err ... umm   how to create a patch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Err ... umm how to create a patch?
Page 1 of 1