Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

About the Demo Server ....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

About the Demo Server .... Empty
PostSubject: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyTue 28 May - 6:22

Please let me know if you have any difficulties logging into the demo server. While the command line Directive

Code:

--master praxix.darkfrontieronline.net

***Should work fine, Its may not in all cases .

I almost have a complete installer finished that will install MY version of the client in which the server info is now hard coded so If you need this version of the client, just let me know as I do have a working version I can just zip or tar up for you and make available if needbe.
Back to top Go down
demck
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
demck

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyWed 29 May - 8:04

First off, I was demi on the old boards so I been around this for awhile. I stopped development of my game awhile back. Beings MV has gone MIT and open source I thought maybe play around with it a bit and maybe try some new design stuff. Very Happy

Now here is where I am atm. I don't quite understand why the code was hard coded. It worked fine out of the box to bypass the master before by modifying the client config.

I just spent a couple hours troubleshooting why the client would not connect to my server. I could get the update to work and the client would go to character screen but when it hit play the thing died. Exception log shows it trying to connect to localhost and I can't find any config file that would tell it otherwise so I am assuming the client is hardcoded to localhost. Correct me if I'm wrong here please.

Not saying it was bad decision just an annoyance to users to have to recompile the client rather than make the configuration files work.

Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyWed 29 May - 8:25

I hard coded the server info in order to bypass the world_Settings.xml file. BUT all you need do is issue the command line directive mentioned above and that over rides the hard codded info, and no, MV never just worked out of the box, I also started with multiverse back at version 1.1 when the multiverse network was still around.

And it really isnt that much of a task to hard code your values into the client as its 3 lines of code. Any one that can't handle that should not be trying to take on a full fledged mmo project of any kind to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be rude, but you are going to do alot of recompiling during development anyway.

Also if you look at Client.cs, the OLD multiverse network info is still there which you would want to change eventuly anyway.

Also , another reason I did this is because I do NOT run the server on a windows box, I have the install seperated out onto different physical machines, server runs on a linux machine, - mysql, web server, DNS , run on my domain controller under a FQDN, and my development environment runs on yet another physical machine. Basicly my setup is as it would be in a live production environment. trying to do this with everything running on one machine is not a very viable nor smart way to run the platform as when it comes time to scale ( cluster ) you would have to set everything up in this manner anyway. Might as well set it up correctly from the start to avoid headaches later Cool

Back to top Go down
demck
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
demck

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyWed 29 May - 8:27

I don't have an issue with it and yes it worked out of the box. I had a server running on a VPS a couple years ago without login in to the master. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyWed 29 May - 8:41

I think you missed my point lol, Yes it will work without a login, no, I could not get it to function correctly seperated out like that, and if you plan on charging any kind of money, say a monthly subcription , you Want the client to use the master and the login for account control on admin side of the house.

no login or master would be fine in the case you charge a one time price like minions of mirth and some others do, but in a subscription based business model , you are gonna want to be able to suspend past due accounts and what not, as well as ban griefers and people using exploits ect..
Back to top Go down
demck
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
demck

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyWed 29 May - 9:15

NO NO NO man you are missing what I intended to say. LOL. I agree 100% that it is requirement to have a master login, now where is the master login code?

EDIT:

Added below.

OK this is my issue I have. The game server is on a CentOS 6 box across the room and the login manager is running the world also. It use to work where the config says the world is the IP for both but now it wants to connect to the client localhost and not the server.

Code:

INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,538] Network Information  Connecting to world login manager at 192.168.1.7:5040
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,539] Network Information  Connecting to tcp world server at 192.168.1.7:5040
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,540] NetworkHelper        IP Address for 192.168.1.7: '192.168.1.7'
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,540] Network Information  Connecting to login server at 192.168.1.7:5040
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,554] NetworkHelper        Wrote message to tcp world server
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,863] rldTcpMessageFactory WorldTcpMessageFactory got message type: CharacterResponse
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,899] NetworkHelper        Read message from tcp world server
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:25,912] Client              Character:

OK so why is not connecting to the world if the world config is the same IP?

Code:
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,015] Client                'characterName' => 'sandy'
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,015] Client                'characterId' => '892'
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,015] Client              Selecting character with id: 892
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,019] NetworkHelper        Wrote message to tcp world server
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,072] rldTcpMessageFactory WorldTcpMessageFactory got message type: CharacterSelectResponse
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,109] NetworkHelper        Read select response message from tcp world server
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,110] Network Information  Disconnecting from tcp world server
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,110] Network Information  Connecting to world proxy at localhost:5050
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,111] Network Information  Connecting to rdp world server at localhost:5050
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,112] NetworkHelper        IP Address for localhost: '127.0.0.1'
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,133] RdpMessageHandler    Setting up RdpClient with localPort = 5776
INFO  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,139] Rdp Connection      Created connection to: 127.0.0.1:5050
WARN  [2013-05-28 16:53:34,140] Rdp Connection      Caught socket exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyWed 29 May - 11:13

did you add your servers ip info to /etc/resolv.conf?
Back to top Go down
demck
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
demck

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyThu 30 May - 7:47

Nope. I did dig out the original package and that client works fine. I will look into the thing and recompile it.

EDIT:

OK I'm an idiot Embarassed Embarassed . I unzipped my old files and it ran so I deleted everything and reinstalled it again. Wouldn't work and I was like what the heck? I scanned the multiverse properties and did a file compare. I forgot to set the dang host up in the properties file. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyThu 30 May - 13:13

LOL, no worries, Happens to us all, Also you will need your ipv4 address in /etc/resolv.conf for remote clients outside of your network to connect, also my router refused to play ball with its NAT so I also had to move the server to the "dmz" but its on an ubuntu server 12.0.4 box so Im not too worried about security.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptySat 1 Jun - 2:13

It looks like you're making some serious progress AthlonJedi - keep it up!

In the meantime, do you have any screenshots that you'd be willing to share? I need some visual content for the new website, and could do with some 'platform in action' pictures.

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... EmptyFri 7 Jun - 5:13

Im just starting to build the world I am developing so pretty soon I should have something for ya.

Tristan, I think I remember you from tmmokit days ! If so, we go back awhile lol when they made torque 3d MIT , I briefly tried playing around with it again but here I am back to multiverse lol

Anyway, as soon as I get a bit more into my project Ill snap some screenshots for you to use. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Demo Server ....   About the Demo Server .... Empty

Back to top Go down

About the Demo Server ....
Page 1 of 1