Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

How to make an Icon Set?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

How to make an Icon Set? Empty
PostSubject: How to make an Icon Set?   How to make an Icon Set? EmptyTue 25 Jun - 13:50

Ok so I have been playing with setting up UI elements such as menus and  action bars ( I.E. click icon on bar, use an ability or attack ) , the problem I am having is probably just a matter of my over complicating  things, however, when it comes to icons in the in game UI, I am a bit lost.

I know the UI uses image sets and there are a number of them in the ../interface/imagesets folder that corrispond to actual .tga images that are basicly a collection of smaller images nested (perhaps embedded is a better term for it) within a larger image that usualy serves as a background or what have you, ( look in your ../sampleworld/ImageFiles directory for an Idea what I mean.

My question is how does one accully MAKE an Icon set like this ?

How to make an Icon Set? FantasyWorldIconsHow to make an Icon Set? FantasyWorldIcons

How to make an Icon Set? FantasyWorldIcons
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

How to make an Icon Set? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make an Icon Set?   How to make an Icon Set? EmptyTue 25 Jun - 15:40

Man, we really need a UI guy to have a look at the UI tutorials in the wiki and possibly re-write them in greater detail for dummies like me lol

I have been trying to make a button for 3 hours now and I'm more confused now than when I started lol

I followed all the steps changing names accordingly and I still can't get it to show up lol
Back to top Go down

How to make an Icon Set?
Page 1 of 1