Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

[World Editor] Roads Creation System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

[World Editor] Roads Creation System Empty
PostSubject: [World Editor] Roads Creation System   [World Editor] Roads Creation System EmptySat 10 Dec - 5:41

Basically, I want to be able to create modern roads for my project.

As you know, the World Editor does have a road marker system, but it's just a dirt track - is there a texture I need to edit? Even better, could I make the road a model, and somehow mark the road networks out with special road blocks/pieces?
Also, is there a way I can duplicate the road file, so that I can have different types of roads available to place - for example: side roads, highways, pavements etc.

I hope this is possible - otherwise, I'll just have to create a set of road pieces, but I'm worried about the effect that would have on the poly count....

Last edited by Tristan on Mon 12 Dec - 9:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] Roads Creation System   [World Editor] Roads Creation System EmptySat 10 Dec - 7:39

Currently the road is kind of hard coded...You can replace it but you can only replace it once for all roads. You can instead try using Terrain Decals.
We will probably want to update the road code
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] Roads Creation System   [World Editor] Roads Creation System EmptySat 10 Dec - 9:02

I was worried that would be the problem Neutral

For the moment, I'll create some ultra low-poly road pieces.

And yes, I agree we need to recode/improve it - it would be good to have more options with it (especially curved roads!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] Roads Creation System   [World Editor] Roads Creation System EmptySat 10 Dec - 16:47

Hi Tristan,

This is a great idea. Add a feature request to JavaForge and describe everything you want/need

Shane
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [World Editor] Roads Creation System   [World Editor] Roads Creation System Empty

Back to top Go down

[World Editor] Roads Creation System
Page 1 of 1