Official Community Forums

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Share | 

Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
haste
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!   Fri 6 Jan - 4:46

Hello!

As a part of my preparations to work for the Multiverse team as a modeller, i will be very happy to know the answers of the following questions:
1. What modeling projects exactly are available for anyone to model?
2. Are there any requierments to for the models? Tetxtures/Materials? Polygon count? File format?
3. Is there any text that is directed towards modeling for the Multiverse project?

Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!   Fri 6 Jan - 5:10

http://update.multiverse.net/wiki/index.php/Creating_Assets_for_a_Wide_Range_of_Hardware
Multiverse uses a custom file type -.mesh it is based on Ogres .mesh but I think it is slightly different
You will need to export the models from your modelling program into .dae (collada) and then import that using the collada import tool
You can download the collada exporter here: http://opencollada.org/download.html

We use .dds for all of our textures due to the low memory requirement and speed.

There is a bunch of information relating to creating assets for multiverse here:
http://update.multiverse.net/wiki/index.php/Tools
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!   Sat 7 Jan - 7:41

Hi Haste,

I presume you found out about the project on the Blender forums?

Let me begin by saying Hello and Welcome!

With regards to current modelling projects (I will be coming up with a fancy code-name at some point - ideas?), I am in the process of setting up a Project page using Google Docs and Sosius (collaboration tool), where you will be able to find task lists, concepts, and other documentation regarding the actual modelling requirements (e.g. poly count, texturing rules and so on)

I'm currently working on our new website at the moment, o am a little sidetracked/
So as of yet, there are no projects per se, but feel free to work on anything that takes your fancy, either for your own game, or for sale on the Marketplace.

Thanks

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
haste
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!   Tue 10 Jan - 7:32

Quote :
Hi Haste,

I presume you found out about the project on the Blender forums?

Let me begin by saying Hello and Welcome!

Hello Tristan!

Yes, i am from the Blender forums.

Quote :
I'm currently working on our new website at the moment, o am a little sidetracked/
So as of yet, there are no projects per se, but feel free to work on anything that takes your fancy, either for your own game, or for sale on the Marketplace.

Then i will look what projects are currently in development with the help of Multiverse, will choose one of them, and until the end of the week will make one item for that project. After that, i will upload it to site like blendswap.com and additionally make a new theme in that forum, for comments.

All in all, thanks for letting me know what the status of the things is.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!   

Back to top Go down

Modelling projects from the Multiverse team, to work on!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1