Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Hello, first post

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kraken
kraken

Hello, first post Empty
PostSubject: Hello, first post   Hello, first post EmptyMon 30 Jan - 12:59

Hi, my name is Rich and was wanting to see if this was going to be a long term project that I might want to be a part of. I loved the Firefly series and was wondering of what kind of game this was going to be. I am one of those guys wher are sick of the level based cookie cutter crap thats currently on the market. I believe that sandbox games will be long term games for mature and complex players, not these rinse and repeat games like the SWTOR and WOW have become. My ideal game would be more like the foundations that have been set forth like games in production like Infinity Quest for Earth. Totaly open game play where the player matters, not how quickly he can level up and then cap.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

Hello, first post Empty
PostSubject: The FireFly MMO   Hello, first post EmptyMon 30 Jan - 14:54

Hi Rich,

First of all, welcome to the Multiverse community!

I'm afraid to inform you that we're no longer considering a FireFly MMO as a project. This is because Dark Cryo studios have already done a lot of
work on their own FireFly fan project, which has involved hundreds of developers and community members. Quite frankly, we don't have the time or manpower to work on such an endeavour.

They're also more likely to get the Intellectual Property rights for the series, as they have secured a form of approval from Joss Whedon (the guy who came up with the series, as I'm sure you know).

The Foundation, and any members of the community who would like to help, will be working on our own MMO, to be used as a showcase for the platform. Work will probably start within the next 6 months.

Creating your own MMO with Multiverse is relatively easy, so there's nothing saying you can't go and make your own dream MMO!

I hope that clears things.

Thanks

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info

Hello, first post
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Water Cooler :: Introductions-
Jump to: