Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen Empty
PostSubject: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen EmptySun 7 Aug - 21:36

Hey,

I've made a simple world in the World Editor, with a spawn marker (named 'spawn'), and a few models and a forest region.

However, when I try run the Multiverse Client in --development --world localhost mode, I get a 'no default instance' when I press play in the character creation screen..

I followed these instructions: Trying Out Your World and made sure the server was set up correctly beforehand. The thing is, the sampleworld worked fine beforehand when I ran it in this mode, but even after changing the multiverse.properties file to reflect the new location:
Code:

###
### If multiverse.mvwfile property is not specified, it defaults to MV_HOME/config/worldname/worldname.mvw
### Example below is Windows path; On Linux/Unix, use forward slashes instead of double backslashes.
multiverse.worldname=TGOR
multiverse.mvwfile=c:\\multiverse\\config\\TGOR\\tgor.mvw
it still didn't work. I tried running it with a # in front of the last line and then without, but it doesn't seem to make a difference...

Any idea why it's not working? silent
It would be nice to actually try out my map lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen EmptyMon 8 Aug - 10:36

Check and make sure the default instance in startup_instances.py points to your world file
you may need to comment out the line in their with instance_load (this controls mob spawning)
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen EmptyMon 8 Aug - 10:57

Yeh, I sorted it out shortly after I created the thread, but forgot to edit it to reflect that fact.
Not 100% sure what I did to get it working, but I think that it may have had something to do with having the worldname in the properties file in uppercase, whereas the actual .mvw file was I'm lowercase.
I also changed all the relevant sections of code back to the sampleworld one, then just went through each one slowly and carefully - ended up sorting it out, which is good. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen EmptyMon 8 Aug - 11:03

I believe that if you are running the server in cygwin it is case sensitive...it probably is if you use the bat file but I dont use that
Back to top Go down
zoot686
Foundation Donor
zoot686

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen EmptyFri 17 Feb - 3:41

yeah, windows doesn't know about case but unix does, and cygwin is a unix-like environment emulator.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen   No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen Empty

Back to top Go down

No Default Instance at Character Creation Screen
Page 1 of 1