Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joestrusz
joestrusz

Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE Empty
PostSubject: Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE EmptySun 6 May - 7:53

Running the server on my ubuntu box. Already swapped out openjdk for sun's java... Server starts fine, connects to database etc. I get the ready to login message.

I have added my world to the registry, and specified the appropriate media and patch url's.

There are some things that are VERY unclear and just wrong in the Wiki..

Anyways, I downloaded the SampleAssets.zip and placed on the server, and installed as a local repo on the client machine. Still nothing..

Something is missing in the steps or what?

Where do i even specify what world the server is running?

Server Log:
Quote :
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:44,024] TcpAccept LoginPlugin: CONNECTION remote=/10.10.1.105:2855 local=/173.24.125.0:5040
DEBUG [2012-05-05 15:41:44,033] LoginConnection-4 LoginPlugin: code 7 (30 bytes)
ERROR [2012-05-05 15:41:44,033] LoginConnection-4 LoginPlugin.SocketHandler: java.lang.RuntimeException: MVByteBuffer.getString: over 64k string len=825111854
at multiverse.server.network.MVByteBuffer.getString(MVByteBuffer.java:185)
at multiverse.server.messages.PropertyMessage.unmarshallProperyMap(PropertyMessage.java:274)
at multiverse.server.worldmgr.LoginPlugin$SocketHandler.dispatchMessage(LoginPlugin.java:299)
at multiverse.server.worldmgr.LoginPlugin$SocketHandler.run(LoginPlugin.java:240)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
DEBUG [2012-05-05 15:42:18,340] DBKeepalive Database: ping

Client Log:
Quote :
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:58,843] NetworkHelper Wrote message to tcp world server
WARN [2012-05-05 15:41:58,843] Exception Got an exception in world connect: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Multiverse.Network.IncomingMessage.ReadInt32()
at Multiverse.Network.IncomingMessage.ReadBytes()
at Multiverse.Network.WorldTcpMessageFactory.ReadMessage(IncomingMessage inMessage)
at Multiverse.Network.NetworkHelper.GetCharacterEntries(String clientVersion)
at Multiverse.Network.NetworkHelper.TcpWorldConnect(String hostname, Int32 port, String clientVersion)
at Multiverse.Network.NetworkHelper.ConnectToLogin(String worldId, String clientVersion)
at Multiverse.Base.Client.DoWorldConnect()
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:58,859] Client Frame time of 3.117 is greater than 200ms. Average FPS is 0.
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:58,906] ClientAPI WindowSize not initialized
ERROR [2012-05-05 15:41:59,375] Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ERROR [2012-05-05 15:41:59,375] Exception Exiting client due to exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Axiom.SceneManagers.Multiverse.TerrainManager.set_CameraLocation(Vector3 value)
at Axiom.SceneManagers.Multiverse.TerrainManager.UpdateCamera(Camera camera)
at Axiom.SceneManagers.Multiverse.SceneManager.UpdateSceneGraph(Camera cam)
at Axiom.Core.SceneManager.RenderScene(Camera camera, Viewport viewport, Boolean showOverlays)
at Axiom.Graphics.RenderTarget.Update()
at Axiom.Graphics.RenderWindow.Update()
at Axiom.RenderSystems.DirectX9.D3DRenderWindow.Update()
at Axiom.Graphics.RenderSystem.UpdateAllRenderTargets()
at Axiom.Core.Root.RenderOneFrame()
at Axiom.Core.Root.StartRendering()
at Multiverse.Base.Client.Start()
at Multiverse.MultiverseClient.Main(String[] args)
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,390] MultiverseClient Exiting client
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,390] Client Started call to Client.Dispose()
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,406] Network Information Disconnecting from tcp world server
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,468] Axiom *-*-* Axiom Shutdown
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,468] Axiom Unloading plugin Axiom.CgPrograms.CgPlugin from Axiom Cg Plugin
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,468] Axiom Unloading plugin Axiom.ParticleFX.ParticleFX from Axiom Particle Systems Plugin
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,468] Axiom Unloading plugin Axiom.RenderSystems.DirectX9.Plugin from Axiom DirectX 9 Rendering System
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,468] Axiom Unloading plugin Axiom.SceneManagers.Multiverse.MultiverseSceneManagerPlugin from Multiverse SceneManager Plugin
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,468] Axiom Unloading plugin Multiverse.Movie.Manager from Multiverse.Movie
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,484] Manager Movie manager stop
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,484] DirectShowCodec DirectShowCodec Stop
INFO [2012-05-05 15:41:59,484] Client Finished call to Client.Dispose()
INFO [2012-05-05 15:42:03,593] MultiverseClient Cleaning up
INFO [2012-05-05 15:42:03,593] MultiverseClient Exiting Client
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE EmptySun 6 May - 10:59

joestrusz,

Could you post a link to the wiki article that you reference. We will review it and try to clean it up. If you want to contribute to the wiki please feel free. Yes some of the wiki is out of date or incorrect, that happens in all wiki's.

Regarding your connectivity issues;

• Are you running a master server ?
  • Are you running an internal network or running the server over the internet?
  • Are you passing any parameters to the client executable?
  • Is the server running on a separate machine from the client?
  • What distribution did you download from Sourceforge?

Hopefully we can get you setup and running

Thanks,
Shane
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
joestrusz
joestrusz

PostSubject: So Quick!   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE EmptySun 6 May - 12:45

Thanks for your speedy reply Shane.

I realize now that there were way to many variables in my situation to make any substantial claims.

So I just used my windows xp box, and got everything up and running locally on a single machine.

Just ignore this topic, and mark as closed after you answer just a few minor q's for me...

What is this "master server" you speak of? I am running a server build.zip from sourceforge on my linux box, and opened the ports (its my firewall anyways), and allowed remote connections, mysql users, all of the like. (I know my port forwarding works because of the Minecraft Servers I host).

Is this a master server?

Or is a master server what I registered my world with online?

Can I cut this part out all together?

I am going to play locally, try to get a larger grasp on this. It doesnt seem to operate like minecraft, where you simply point the client to an ip, and make sure they are the same build...

Just a few questions. Like I said. Smile Feel free to ignore.

I think you can mark as closed, and I will just research a bit more.
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE EmptySun 6 May - 13:03

A few things;

No this is not like minecraft, it is much more advanced and powerful, and thus more complicated. The Foundation team will be continually working to make the system easier to use and the documentation is relevant. There is not much in the default sample world, it is not a playable game at all. It is merely to highlight a "few" of the system capabilities.

A "Master Server" is used to control internet distributed login and connectivity to World servers. For example the Foundation runs a master server which will allow users to choose from a selection of worlds that have included their system in our world list.

For the most part running your own Master server just adds an extra level of complexity, and it is the least documented component, because it was never released to the public, until Multiverse went open source.

Multiverse is more like a development framework for you to build a sophisticated virtual world or MMO game. It is very different from Minecraft. To build your own playable world will require 3d asset creation, python script writing, world building, and much more.

Shane
Back to top Go down
joestrusz
joestrusz

PostSubject: I understand   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE EmptySun 6 May - 13:19

Yeah. I know its not Minecraft. Sorry for my initial confusion. I just found the 'master' folder in the zip file. Read through some of the source, and have a good grasp on the architecture, and communications protocols now.

Again, I apologize for my initial confusion. No issues with 3d animation, Python, or any other scripting here. I have loads of experience. Was just struggling to get something running server wise. Then found some helpful commands like --master, --world localhost, etc.., to use on the client.

I didn't realize 'master server' was different than 'server'.

Now that I know what the 'master' is, I have it all figured out. Thought the master server just relayed the locations for the assets, and patch files etc, forgot that it actually did the authentication etc.. Sorry.

Thanks for you help...

Awesome work guys. Mark as *closed* noob questions.

Look forward to contributing, and rockin' an awesome mmo of my own.

Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE EmptySun 6 May - 13:29

Hey no worries.. I'm glad it turned out to be a simple fix. Those are the easiest. Have fun and feel free to post anytime.. you may not always get a quick response though.. Smile

Shane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE   Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock SampleWorld Client/Server BROKE
Page 1 of 1