Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld Empty
PostSubject: CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld   CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld EmptySun 10 Jun - 1:02

My latest hurdle with getting the Multiverse world server running from trunk on my Ubuntu box was that the instance server couldn't find the world files that were specified in config/sampleworld/startup_instance.py:

Code:
instance.out:ERROR [2012-06-08 19:36:44,035] Instance-2          CreateInstanceHook: world file not found fileName=../config//.mvw
instance.out:ERROR [2012-06-08 19:36:44,043] Instance-4          CreateInstanceHook: world file not found fileName=../config//bigbrother.mvw
instance.out:ERROR [2012-06-08 19:36:44,049] Instance-6          CreateInstanceHook: world file not found fileName=../config//frontier.mvw
instance.out:ERROR [2012-06-08 19:36:44,061] Instance-8          CreateInstanceHook: world file not found fileName=../config//video.mvw

Checking that startup_instance.py file, here's what it's trying to load:
"$WORLD_DIR/$WORLD_NAME.mvw"
"$WORLD_DIR/bigbrother.mvw"
"$WORLD_DIR/frontier.mvw"
"$WORLD_DIR/video.mvw"

In server/plugins/InstanceClient.java, WORLD_DIR is set to $MV_HOME/config/$WORLD_NAME. OK, so it looks like WORLD_NAME is missing from the path. It's also missing from the first filename, so not getting set.

There's a problem with the multiverse.sh script where it isn't picking up the multiverse.worldname setting from the multiverse.properties file. It's supposed to use that to set the MV_WORLDNAME variable, which is used to set WORLD_NAME.

If you specify the world name as a commandline argument for multiverse.sh like this, WORLD_NAME gets set and the instance server finds the .mvw files and runs successfully:
Code:
./multiverse.sh -w sampleworld -v start

I am now able to log into the sampleworld running on my own server using the source files from svn trunk. It has a working master and you can create a character and walk around. Victory!
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
gabzo
gabzo

CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld   CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld EmptySun 10 Jun - 6:21

Nice, if I could have gave you a thumbs up I would. Good job and don't forget to post on the wiki instructions on how to resolve the problems that you had. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

CreateInstanceHook: world file not found for sampleworld
Page 1 of 1