Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

The Developer Marketplace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

The Developer Marketplace Empty
PostSubject: The Developer Marketplace   The Developer Marketplace EmptyFri 19 Aug - 23:53

From what I understand, the Developer Marketplace was something that Multiverse was going to set up, but it would seem that this in fact never happened. There is a page on the website for it, but that's pretty much.

One of the things I am proposing we do, once the platform goes Open Source, is to create our own Developer Marketplace (codenamed The Bazaar, perhaps?).

Developers could host their own models, textures, sounds and code snippets on there, for the benefit of other players. They could choose whether to list it as a freebie, or they could put a price tag on it, which will be determined by the developer.
A very small portion of the sale price (maybe 5-10%) could go towards the 'Multiverse Foundation', which will in turn be a source of money for paying website hosting fees. (This is something we can go into later on)

So, the idea is to have something similar to the Leadwerks Engine's Asset Store, where it is based entirely on Multiverse, with all the models in the correct formats (.DAE with the texture file, or .MESH with the material file), optimised images, clear and coherent code snippets and modules, and so on and so forth.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
gabzo
gabzo

PostSubject: Re: The Developer Marketplace   The Developer Marketplace EmptyMon 7 Nov - 7:49

I believe that would be awesome, especially for people who are not that great in coding and that just know the very basics of coding. It will allow us to have greater flexibility and make the game even more original but at the same time allow the Multiverse experiece to be one that is enjoyable and we won't have to learn a ton of codding.

I can't wait to see this developed Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: The Developer Marketplace   The Developer Marketplace EmptyMon 7 Nov - 9:17

I'm glad you think so too!

I'm actually in the process of starting the coding for the marketplace, so I'll keep everyone updated on that.

Tristan
Back to top Go down
DaddyM0E
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Developer Marketplace   The Developer Marketplace EmptyTue 22 Nov - 16:37

I think gabzo speaks my mind.....love the idea!
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: The Developer Marketplace   The Developer Marketplace EmptyTue 22 Nov - 17:11

Well, it's about 70% of the way there, just got to finish sorting out product templates, a bit more layout coding, then I need to host it somewhere other than my websites-in-progress domain.

We'll be getting control of the Multiverse website, so that will be the obvious place to host it. For now, I'll host it with scfischer once it's complete.

I'll add some screenshots at some point soon, so you can tell me what you think!
Maybe I'll even let you guys try out the actual site Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Developer Marketplace   The Developer Marketplace Empty

Back to top Go down

The Developer Marketplace
Page 1 of 1