Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Wow... this is new.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stragen

Wow... this is new. Empty
PostSubject: Wow... this is new.   Wow... this is new. EmptyMon 19 Sep - 20:53

Well I didnt expect to see this...

I'd all but thought the guys at MV had retired the forums, and its very very nice to see that they have actually done something about the absolute mess that the forums had turned into. Bravo, Tristan for managing to get through to them.

Has there been any further news on the platform's development? Has anyone attempted to get in touch with the guys to let them know the forums are back up and have regained a degree of sanity?
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Wow... this is new.   Wow... this is new. EmptyFri 30 Sep - 7:29

Hi Stragen,

Glad you came back!

Originally, I spoke to Bill Turpin (the CEO) about it a while ago, and he told me he'd be open to suggestion with regards to going open source, and more or less letting the community manage the platform.

We were in discussion for a few weeks about what we could do, and I did arrange a live chat Q&A session for other developers to join, so that Bill could brief us on the situation, and open up for any questions. However, that never came to fruition.

The reason for this is that Bill has been in discussion with an unknown party, with the subject being along the lines of the future of Multiverse. Here's the email:

Quote :

Hi Tristan, I'm working through a possible deal that might affect what
we do in terms of open source. I need another 2 weeks to see how it
works out.

Thanks,
Bill

On 9/6/2011 11:04 AM, Tristan Bacon wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Just wondering whether you had managed to sort out the press release,
> and whether you were still interested in the Q&A session?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tristan
>
>

As of yet, I haven't heard back from him. I will send him another email tonight and see what's going on.

So, that's all that is really going on right now - just waiting for whatever 'deal' is going on, to be sorted out.

Cheers,

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Stragen

PostSubject: Re: Wow... this is new.   Wow... this is new. EmptyWed 5 Oct - 8:46

It is certainly nice to see, when I last spoke to Corey there was serious doubt about what was, or was not, to be done in the future. There was a great deal of flux and that income streams were by no means stable.

I suspect the GFC and downturns had the same effect on MV as they did most of the games industry. If they've got things in the works then good, going open source would definately be a plus, or even follow the unreal engine's psudo open source... at the end of the day they will only benefit by getting devs the tools to build.

Consider bigworld is supporting World of Tanks along with a range of freemium games it seems a reasonable business model.

For the time being, i'm going to be following the same rules as previously, dropping in from time to time, and am definately looking forward to what developments you might be able to report on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow... this is new.   Wow... this is new. Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow... this is new.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Water Cooler :: Introductions-
Jump to: