Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Breaking the ice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downix
downix

Breaking the ice Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the ice   Breaking the ice EmptyMon 22 Oct - 13:05

Been following MV for awhile, was excited for Firefly, but things happen.

Then, City of Heroes announced its closure. A bunch of us CoH fans were upset, and are trying to stop the closing down of the game. But we are also working on a backup plan, a Plan Z as it were. We began testing a bunch of MMO engines and servers. And I'd remembered that Multiverse was open sourced, so it wound up on the pile. We've been testing them, and despite some strong showings of Torque and Unreal, in the end, Multiverse won out.

So now, time to figure out the nuts and bolts. Trying to keep the flavor of the old game, but not a direct copy.
Back to top Go down
Agamemnon
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Agamemnon

Breaking the ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking the ice   Breaking the ice EmptyTue 23 Oct - 8:36

welcome aboard, I played COH/COV for a very short time. Lots of great roleplay in that game and the Character creation system was the best I've ever seen anywhere, something we strove to do in Force of Arms was mirror what they did in COH. Look forward to seeing what ya'll come up with.
Back to top Go down
downix
downix

Breaking the ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking the ice   Breaking the ice EmptyWed 24 Oct - 5:41

Agamemnon wrote:
welcome aboard, I played COH/COV for a very short time. Lots of great roleplay in that game and the Character creation system was the best I've ever seen anywhere, something we strove to do in Force of Arms was mirror what they did in COH. Look forward to seeing what ya'll come up with.
Did not realize FoA was multiverse, was keeping an eye on it as I'm a fan of the old Battletech games. Cool

Right now trying to herd cats to get focused and start actually working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breaking the ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking the ice   Breaking the ice Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking the ice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Water Cooler :: Introductions-
Jump to: