Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

How does one delete an item?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWatcher
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

How does one delete an item? Empty
PostSubject: How does one delete an item?   How does one delete an item? EmptySat 1 Dec - 11:36

Hello, I need help again. Hopefully, a quick one.

I need to delete an item from inventory.
I've checked the wiki, the APIs, the python files, etc.
I've looked everywhere I can think of for the past couple of days, but I just can't find the commands or examples of how to delete an Item from inventory. Form anywhere for that matter.

I've found references to messages like the following:
MessageCatalog.addMsgTypeTranslation(mvMessageCatalog, InventoryClient.MSG_TYPE_INV_REMOVE)
MessageCatalog.addMsgTypeTranslation(mvMessageCatalog, InventoryClient.MSG_TYPE_DESTROY_ITEM)

RemoveOrFindItemMessage

But I can't find anything that describes how use messages, what parameters are needed with each particular message, or even very many example of message use(and none of those for deleting an item).

If someone could point me to the file that does the deleting, I'm certain I could figure out how to call the function and/or send the message.

Again, thanks in advance.

TheWatcher.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: How does one delete an item?   How does one delete an item? EmptyMon 3 Dec - 6:53

Everything Inventory related is either in the InventoryClient/Plugin or MarsInventoryPlugin
there are a couple of ways to remove an item from the inventory I believe in Proxy.py there is a remove command that removes an item from a player.
Which is triggered by sending /remove itemName to the server.

The RemoveOrFindItem Message I believe is only used server side as a message be called between plugins
Back to top Go down
TheWatcher
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Re: How does one delete an item?   How does one delete an item? EmptyMon 10 Dec - 19:07

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Just spent a week dealing with an infection. (fever for 4 days,
103.+ for 2 of them. No fun at all.)

Your info is definitely helpful.
It also helped when I finally figured out that I had forgotten to look at the server source code. (I was only looking at the server scripts.)

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: How does one delete an item?   How does one delete an item? EmptyTue 11 Dec - 2:48

Hope you feel better !
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does one delete an item?   How does one delete an item? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does one delete an item?
Page 1 of 1