Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

current Axiom3d version?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

current Axiom3d version? Empty
PostSubject: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyThu 28 Feb - 9:08

Hello,

Anyone be so kind and let me know which version of Axiom graphical engine does the current Multiverse client
V 1.5 uses?
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyThu 28 Feb - 10:42

Not sure but the dll product/file version says its 0.7.0.21698 and the new one (SDK) would be 0.8.3102.12095
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyThu 28 Feb - 12:44

so , it is not that dated, just 1 version below.

I wonder if there is much features difference between them releases.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyThu 28 Feb - 13:05

Looks like it..

BTW, its v0.8.3376.12322

http://axiom.codeplex.com/
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyThu 28 Feb - 13:47

tichfuie wrote:
so , it is not that dated, just 1 version below.

I take this back, just looked at the release dates from codeplex and 0.7.0 seems to be from
so, yes indeed the current axiom version of MV 1.5 is way way dated.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyFri 1 Mar - 3:20

There are a lot of differences between the two versions...which is part of the problem with updating it. Also Multiverse made a bunch of modification to the base axiom code to make things work the way they wanted them to.

One of the biggest changes is asset management/memory handling in the current version when objects are unloaded there is a whole bunch of unmanaged memory still allocated which can be a problem if you have a ton of instances.

Also it looks like there is rendering boost of about 50% and the lighting is handled a little better.

The problems I am currenly stuck on are getting the movie/browser plugin to work, getting the terrain/ocean to render correctly, getting the phong shader to apply texture maps correctly to animated objects and there is a weird problem where the texture mapping of a static object get distorted when the camera changes.

Oh and I still need to figure out how to get the mouse to work.

And axiom seems to be unable to make up its mind on what directx plugin they use. Originally it microsofts then slimdx and now sharpdx
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyFri 1 Mar - 4:40

Does this axiom 0.8.0 wip for MV support DX11?

or is it only the new axiom 0.8.3
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyFri 1 Mar - 4:58

I have not looked at what it will take to support DX11 I know there is a RenderSystem for it but I since there are a couple of things that inherit from DX9 object I did not look at it.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptyFri 1 Mar - 22:06

Hi Delurin,

I have not used the latest 1.5 client though. With these things considered:

Delurin wrote:

One of the biggest changes is asset management/memory handling in the current version when objects are unloaded there is a whole bunch of unmanaged memory still allocated which can be a problem if you have a ton of instances.

Also it looks like there is rendering boost of about 50% and the lighting is handled a little better.

The problems I am currenly stuck on are getting the movie/browser plugin to work, getting the terrain/ocean to render correctly, getting the phong shader to apply texture maps correctly to animated objects and there is a weird problem where the texture mapping of a static object get distorted when the camera changes.

Oh and I still need to figure out how to get the mouse to work.

Do you still recommend this version or the old client?
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptySat 2 Mar - 1:08

You should be on 1.5 the axiom upgrade is not finished and not in the repository yet.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? EmptySat 2 Mar - 1:20

ok got it, thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: current Axiom3d version?   current Axiom3d version? Empty

Back to top Go down

current Axiom3d version?
Page 1 of 1