Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Login process

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Login process   Login process EmptySun 10 Mar - 14:01

well, been trying to understand the login process for multiverse.
seems that i need to setup the master server so the existing login process will work?

also, looks like the client fetches the html web based login pages as in the Website/ folder from source, but just dont follow it yet.

but the existing website for login process seems kinda confusing, cant find the database code where it connects to, then cant follow if there was a database to connect to to verify the users login info to authenticate, what happens next does the web based login pages will redirect the client to the master server so masterserver will send me to my world??

right now i am puzzled on what to do to make the player use the login process to enter world as if it was in production and not developement.

maybe some one can explain in easy words how exactly this process works. :-)

thanks
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login process   Login process EmptyWed 13 Mar - 16:06

any1 got this far yet?

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login process   Login process EmptyThu 14 Mar - 0:48

It is confusing because the login page is really just a display the actual logging in takes place in the C sharp code. The Client grabs the login and password from the login page window and send it to the server.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login process   Login process EmptyThu 14 Mar - 2:49

ok,
so you saying that the login screen which is an html url displaying on client window, right?

now, this html loging screen will not communicate directly to sql database to authenticate users, right?, but the client c# will take those credentials from html document and send it to the master server to authenticate user?

but is client c# sends those credentials to database to authenticate wouldnt it be a security issue having sql info on client side?
I am pretty sure this is not the case, since dont see any sql info on the c# client. still cant comprehend the process. Crying or Very sad

so master server must be running in order to all this to work?

is there any info on this processs in the wiki? cant seen to find some.

Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login process   Login process EmptyThu 14 Mar - 3:13

no it connects to the master server and send the players info to the master server. The master server is the one that access the sql database to authenticate the users. Its pretty complicated I remember beating my head against it trying to figure it out.
Basically player clicks on the mv icon and loads the main function
Which looks up the master server address and login page address (Which is either hard coded or overriden by command line properties or a config file)
Client then displays login page - Multiverse.Base.Client.ShowLoginDialog
Player types in username and password
Javascript handles the username and password and passes them back up to the client using window.external commands and then runs LoginMaster - Multiverse.Network.NetworkHelper.LoginMaster
Which connects to the master server and does the login handshake
The master server code is in the java files src/multiverse/server/engine/MasterServer.java

Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login process   Login process EmptyThu 14 Mar - 7:24

thanks bro,

will certainly dive deeper into this, the info you gave me should get me started.

thanks again

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Login process Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login process   Login process Empty

Back to top Go down

Login process
Page 1 of 1