so far ive seen a unity + smartfox server multiplayer kit
this is supposed to be already integrated with smartfox server
so it might be worth looking at, what i like is that it has the basic mmo gameplay
i uses mysql db for spawn the game objects and persistent data.
i am intrigued by the collisions server side support it claims to have.
drawback is the kit price around 150 usd.
I wish i could have the money atm to give it a spin
good thing about unity is that there is a vast of developers creating so many addons and plugins and i believe
there are a few gui editors offcourse for a price :-(
and with the little time ive spent with unity , you can instantiate game objects on the fly in a scene, so that is
how the multiplayer kit developer claims to spawn npc s from mysql db
here is the link: link to the developer forum thread
copy and paste of features:
registration inside client via php
login to the game using the MySql database
creating and saving character to MySql
sending keyboard press to server
Pickup Items/Drop Items
Stats with Regeneration
"passive" Skills---> increase the hit chance and damage
Talents 2 of each class
spawnig npcs from database
structure for AI to add easy diffrent AI behavior
sending status to client( hp, level)
Attacking event handler --> fires the attacking state
See player event handler
Not see player event handler
NothingToDo event handler---> clear events
Aggro state --> looking for player to attack
Moving to Spawnpoint state
Active state ---> active , random walk waiting of the player
Thinking state ---> thinking what ai state/handler to fire
Aggression desire --> will attack if he see the player
Move to target desire --> following a target (for attack or summon/animal control)
Move to Spawnpoint desire --> if to far away the npc will walk to his spawnpoint
Walk desire --> random walk
Diffrent controllers to handle the ai.
-fixed crash on login/create character
-shop system (buy/sell items)
-save position of the player
- whitescreen in standalone
- Extracting referenced dlls failed.
- QuestEditor: you can now only choose npc with the type of QuestNpc
- Editor script Config.cs added to configurate your database connection.
- some more small changes...
Public Chat/ Say:
* * ** pLevel*
* * ** 0 Player
* * ** 1 Counselor
* * ** 2 Seer
* * ** 3 Gm
* * ** 4 Admin
* * ** 5 Dev
* * ** */
Account Manager --> Edit existing Account/Characters Preview for update 0.3:
- New Editor parameters (Npc editor, item editor... and other)
Saving Inventory, Skills, Stats, Talents...
Spawn npc command
A lot of fixes and optimization in update 0.6
- Fixed jump animation sync
- Fixed a performance issue (+ 80 FPS)
- Started adding Visual Node System
- Npc respawn bug
- Talent effects were not always instantiated.
- Player is no longer able to repeat the quest after relog/restart server
- Banker is holding items after relog/restart server
- Saving and autoequip after relog.