Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Java issue with master server

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

Java issue with master server - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Java issue with master server   Java issue with master server - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Apr - 5:49

well< I tried for the millionth time and still can not get this to run in a production like environment.

This renders Multiverse useless to me.

While I know there are those still trying to make this system work and possably update it, I can not use it in its current state. and not to compair but even the torque mmo kit in its current state functions far better and more smoothly than Multiverse. and its about as dated.

thus I will be forking over my $99.00 in a day or so and will start developing on hero cloud.

Multiverse is simply too old, too dated , and entirly too unstable . sorry but facts are facts.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: Java issue with master server   Java issue with master server - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Apr - 7:32

sorry to hear your disappointment.

looks like you having quite so many issues with setting up the server and master server.

this may be due of your current system setup.

i did not have such a hard time running it on linux, pretty much worked out of the box.

Windows is what had issues, but pretty much got it up and running in a few hours.

here are some facts i had experience with over the time.

i tested torque mmo kit, for so many years, and there is no comparison with MV, tmmokit can not support no more than 120 cc players in a single zone while MV can support thousands in one open world and server can expand by adding more hardware nodes thus supporting more cc players, plus MV has also world instances therefore load balancing your nodes to add more cc players, thing that tmmokit does not have.

so you just cant compare MV to tmmokit.
in other words the MV server is 1000% better than tmmokit server.

in the other hand, HE is a good option, i have tested it too for over a year, but the learning curve is so damn steep, that lots of users find it so overwhelming that they get scared away in the first couple of months.
you will spend around 7 to 10 months learning how to use it, before you start on your game developing but at the end will be great option.

the only drawback or reason i did not like it and moved on was because they keep the server hijacked, you do not have control over it.nor you have client control too, they just give you the editor. so this is not an option for me, since having source code of client and server is freedom.
and specially MIT license which is a God send.

Ill give you a better option tho
if you can afford $300 you may want to check BigWorld Tech indie, i used it too for a couple of years and loved it.

BWT is a monster of an engine. easy to use, large open world, it uses python scripting on the client and server. so easy language to pickup.

graphics wise can support about anything. now, the beauty of BWT is the server side, it can support millions of cc players, since server is so scalable across server farms very easy, no need to be a guru on networking, just get a new hardware install BW server, upload your game assets configure the hardware node to talk with the other server over the server admin panel and fire it up and the server will automatically load balance you game.

why am not using it, well even BWT indie provides client and server apps so you can host your server anywhere you like and distribute the client too, they do not provide source to indies, only to commercial and commercial is so out of an indie pocket reach, $300k ++++

i just recommend you to stay away from HE if you are just one developer or a very small group. learning curve so damn high, that is so overwhelming and is not even funny.

if you like freedom and control with source access , ill recommend you to keep trying with MV, once you get it going, ill assure you that you will love it.
just be patient, dont give up

Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: Java issue with master server   Java issue with master server - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Apr - 8:09

thanl you for the input. i might try one more thing and setup a linux box and see how it goes. i am well versed in both windows and linux so it shouldnt be too much of an issue. just lack the motovation atm.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: Java issue with master server   Java issue with master server - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr - 4:47

which distro would you suggest? I was thinking Debian or gentoo.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: Java issue with master server   Java issue with master server - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr - 7:15

linux is pretty much the same,

me , in particular always used and liked centOS.

just go with the one you like best.

afterall java can run pretty much anywhere thats the beauty of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Java issue with master server   Java issue with master server - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Java issue with master server
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3