Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

My 'Hello' and a call for help with the completion of the website

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

My 'Hello' and a call for help with the completion of the website Empty
PostSubject: My 'Hello' and a call for help with the completion of the website   My 'Hello' and a call for help with the completion of the website EmptyFri 26 Apr - 3:59

Hello everyone Smile

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the Head of Communications of the Multiverse Foundation, and am a Co-Founder along with Shane (CobaltBlues).
I admit that I haven't been around much lately, and that's because of commitments with University and with various jobs that have taken up my time. I have checked in to the forums every so often, but clearly have a lot of catching up to do in terms of familiarizing myself with our newest community members.
I am now at a quiet point in my academic career, and I have every intention of getting back to work on the development of the Platform. Although I lack the in-depth knowledge of the Platform code that some of our esteemed developers possess, I will be working on finishing the website (http://www.multiversemmo.com), and will start generating interest in the platform through our social media presence, as well as taking media interviews with a number of game development-related media contacts that I have made over the past few years.

In order to progress with our web presence, I am going to need a few extra hands. I developed the original website, which was hand-coded in PHP - at the time, it served it's purpose, which was to generate interest about the platform and serve as gateway to the Sourceforge project, as well as to advertise developer positions within the Foundation.
However, we now want to have a better website, which is currently being built on Joomla. We chose Joomla, because it will enable us to create the Developer Marketplace (buy and sell assets, scripts and plugins), a developer rewards system for people that contribute code and squash bugs, and an integrated forum, all using one sign-in.
As you'll know, this forum is run off the Forumotion system, which was fine for when we first started. The aim is to move the forums over to the Joomla site, which will enable the single sign-on system and allow us to group the Marketplace, Wiki, rewards system and code tracking system under one roof.

So, if any of our members are Joomla developers, or have any experience in Joomla development whatsoever, I'd love to hear from you.
If you'd like to help out, there are a number of ways to contact me:

If you're not a Joomla developer, but would like to help out with any marketing, moderation, website testing or anything non-Platform related, feel free to get in contact, and we'll discuss what you can do to help out.

That's all for now - I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info

My 'Hello' and a call for help with the completion of the website
Page 1 of 1