Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 5:36

world server praxix:5050

praxix is not a valid host name. it should be a full domain name

that is why
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 5:47

Ahh, That would be in /etc/hosts then , Ill fix it here shortly, I think I commented out the whole fqdn in there while trying to get it working. easy fix.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 6:05

Ok try when ready Cool
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 6:16

Code:

WARN  [2013-05-08 14:11:43,035] Exception            Failed to connect to login server at praxix.darkfrontieronline.net:9005 - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server

i tried to ping praxix.darkfrontieronline.net
and it is not resolving.

why dont you use darkfrontieronline.net instead.

offcourse that is if you have the server running there
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 6:36

I broke the webserver lol i am in the process of fixing it, gotta love murphys law, Right when I get multiverse fixed , i break something it needs lol

Give me a little bit to fix my stuff . And I am using different host names on the same domain for easy identification on my end, I have alot mre than just one server doing alot more than just one thing, not to mention mysql , apache , and dns are on a seperate physical server than multiverse is,

You could call what I have set up a mini data center so I need the name seperation for various reasons, also once I start tinkering with scaling multiverse into a clustered server, hostname seperation for the nodeds will become important. There is a method to my madness.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 6:58

nice to see you are getting prep to clustering.

BTW, you dont happen to have a riak nonsql db running by any chance?

i am testing an app that requires riak db and dont want to deploy a box just for testing.

was also wondering if there are service providers that offer just this db accese but so far found none.

Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 7:48

no but I can look into setting one up
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 8:13

that will be sweet,

it is quite easy to setup, pretty much straight forward.

I just need just 1 db access where i can test and build my db for my app.

no stress nor load tests, just building my db structure pretty much.

but first take care of your own MV setup, and later on if you have time and if you can do it
let me know, i am not in a hurry since atm got one in my local network centos box where I do my offline
tests.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 10:31

ok everything is back in order for my server, please try and login one more time to verify and Ill start writing up a quick start using ubuntu/cygwin to post here on the forums for people. I would also like to update the wiki and start contributing when possible as I figure stuff out/fix stuff/improve stuff lol.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 11:01

that worked out fine,

i already logged in
am inworld now

see if you canblogin too with other username, i wanna see how smooth the mv network is
and kb/s transfer per client
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 11:03

uhh ok let me make another account in mysql right quick
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 11:38

glad you got it all working.

grats.

let me know if you later need me to login to run server tests.

ill be glad to.

Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 11:38

Sweet! its up and working, Quick start on the way folks!

WIll do, Like I told ya ingame ( its awsome to say that finaly btw!) I already have about 6 mo worth of assets made, granted ill have to convert them for use in MV but that shouldnt be too bad.

I will go ahead and make you an account and pm you the details so you can log in and watch my progress here and there and genraly try to break things / test stuff, etc... This server is going to be run the same as if it were in a production environment meaning it will be up 24/7 with the exception of anything i do that may need a server restart or maintnence...<---cant spell worth a shit today lol

I may even re-enable guest logins to facilitate it being sort of a demo world or make a seperate instance for a demo world now that I am familure with how to get it setup which is something the project needs for sure.

Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 May - 12:05

nice, thank you,

ill definitely will follow your progress.

please keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....   master.sh issues [SOLVED] But.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

master.sh issues [SOLVED] But....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3