Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

model placement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
demck
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
demck

model placement Empty
PostSubject: model placement   model placement EmptyThu 13 Jun - 9:03

With wiki down I need to ask a question. I can't recall ever having to do what I am trying to do before.

I been working with BigWorlds server and client for a couple years but I am getting a bit frustrated now that I changed the design of the game since the client and server do not want to corporate. Also, since War Gamming bought BWT there is zero support!

With that said, is there commands in the client to place an object into the world at a given position and then control its orientation and scale? I honestly can't remember if this function is available for control of a object.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

model placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: model placement   model placement EmptyFri 14 Jun - 8:38

You can locally spawn an object using ClientAPI.WorldObject.WorldObject(ClientAPI.GetLocalOID(),Name,meshName.mesh,location(vector3))
the other optionals are with defaults
followTerrain=True, orientation=ClientAPI.Quaternion.Identity, scale=ClientAPI.Vector3.UnitScale, objType=WorldObjectType.Prop, displaySubmeshes=True

But this would only manipulate/spawn the object locally if you want it to be seen by everyone it is a lot more complicated but not terribly difficult.  I think somewhere on the forums I worked it out with someone.
Back to top Go down
demck
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
demck

model placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: model placement   model placement EmptyFri 14 Jun - 8:52

OK thanks. Yeah I want to do it locally for now and play around with it a bit. If I can get the results I want then I will worry about client/server.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

model placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: model placement   model placement EmptyFri 14 Jun - 9:04

You can also update an object by getting it by the OID worldObj = ClientAPI.World.GetObjectByOID(oid) and then setting either the position or the orientation
worldObj.Position = vector3
worldObj.Orientation = Quaternion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

model placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: model placement   model placement Empty

Back to top Go down

model placement
Page 1 of 1