Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

How's it looking?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dascribe
dascribe

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: How's it looking?   How's it looking? EmptyTue 6 Aug - 7:05

I just got a new computer, so I can finally use my older computer as a server and would really like to have something up by next year at this time.

I haven't seen multi-verse out there in the usual mmo listing areas, so I'm wondering: Where is this project going?

I know it's open source and no one knows what the future holds, but are you guys planning on being around for a couple of years, thinking of merging with other software, asking yourself the same question? Smile

I hope the question is not out of line, but I have a fear of sinking serious time in this just to have it shutdown because I'm not that technical so its not like I could just continue if it goes inactive.

At the same time, I think Multiverse is greatly undervalued and that it is better than many game engines out there when it comes to actually going live with a project.

I would love to be able to help out the project by having something fully functional that can be referred to.

So, the forum is looking thin and your not promoting the engine, but you're alive and well... correct? cheers 

Back to top Go down

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's it looking?   How's it looking? EmptyWed 7 Aug - 7:00

No this place is not abandoned.

I've been working in the background try to rearrange the the server system's files to make it easier to deploy for people not as technically-aware users, but I have had no luck.
Back to top Go down
dascribe
dascribe

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: maybe I could help...   How's it looking? EmptyThu 8 Aug - 2:26

I'm not really a programmer, but I am a life long end user of software and I teach some software. As I go through the process, I can begin documenting and making tutorials based on what I learn.

I started playing with the terrian editor to get a feel for it.

I couldn't figure out how to make the land completely flat and then use an image file to define the terrain heights. I tried it with a csv file as well.

I could figure out how to raise a portion of land, but couldn't figure out how to lower a piece of land.

Also, I know there is some kind of issue with a virus on the site, but there is no access to any of the wiki as a result. If there is a way to make it downloadable for now that would make a big difference.

Back to top Go down

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's it looking?   How's it looking? EmptySat 10 Aug - 4:34

There is a link at the top of this forum page, on the right-hand side of the logout command.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's it looking?   How's it looking? EmptySun 11 Aug - 6:00

The issue with the wiki is a code injection I am still searching for to clean up, however it has been disarmed , there are just still refrences to it in the code somewhere and googlebot is still finding them thus the warning.

I have not been unable to do much with the site and the wiki due to illness but I am back at 100% so that will be resolved  shortly.

we are also in the process of re-writing the site and what not so stay tuned for that but today I am working on the google blocking issue.
Back to top Go down

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's it looking?   How's it looking? EmptyTue 13 Aug - 6:02

If it helps, i was pointed by my web brower to something within the account logon page of some JS script.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's it looking?   How's it looking? EmptyTue 13 Aug - 6:09

Yea, that code is everywhere in the site so I am just going to trash it and re-write a new one, it would take far longer to debug it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How's it looking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's it looking?   How's it looking? Empty

Back to top Go down

How's it looking?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Water Cooler :: General Discussion-
Jump to: