Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Multiverse Status

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colvax
colvax

Multiverse Status Empty
PostSubject: Multiverse Status   Multiverse Status EmptySat 18 Jan - 23:32

Greetings,

I have been able to get server 1.5.0 running in the cloud. I did not find the server configuration to be terrible. A couple of issues, but its running.

In figuring out how clients should login to the world, I went searching for the login pages and found myself at the Github project.

Which hasn't had any activity on Github in nine months... Is this project active? From the way things look right now, I should stop.

Server config and maintenance, I can handle. Getting the client code loaded in MSVS, I can handle. Reviewing Python code, and perhaps fixing something here or there, I can handle. Broken links, I can handle, things change, no problem. Java plugins I can probably handle.

Dead project, I cannot handle, as I simply do not have the excess time to dump into a dead project. I cannot understand why someone would walk away from what appears to be a good server codebase, and the lack of activity around here disturbs me.

So what I really want to know...

Should I stay or should I go?
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

Multiverse Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiverse Status   Multiverse Status EmptySun 19 Jan - 6:00

Yes we are still active, at this moment in time I am still recovering things from a malware attack so Its been a bit slow , however, we are working to get a demo world back online, updating the platform , ect... This process would go alot faster IF iI had people helping me , but atm its just me. so...If you can help out great, if not ... just gonna have to be patent.
Back to top Go down
colvax
colvax

Multiverse Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiverse Status   Multiverse Status EmptySun 19 Jan - 9:32

Thanks, AthlonJedi, I was actually hoping you might post, as I have been reading up here for a couple of days. I also appreciated your post on installing under Ubuntu that I found early on. I am working towards clarity and understanding of the server code first and I cannot promise anything, but despite any issues, I am impressed with what I have seen so far. Its a lot a bit of work done, and a helluva lot more work coming, but it does seem to be very doable.
Back to top Go down
colvax
colvax

Multiverse Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiverse Status   Multiverse Status EmptyMon 20 Jan - 13:35

So after much work over the last couple of days, I have the game and master servers running in the cloud, and the client is talking to them. Rejecting login right now, but thats okay, the servers are present and available. I took a run through loading client source into VS 2013, the migration seems daunting, but I am studying on it.

Considering this took me through install of various packages in setting up the server, multiferous meandering and checking things in bash scripts, the uniary operator stumbling block, command line sql server and configuration, loading the source through git into VS 2013, studying said source and login page Javascript sources, as well as studying the client code to understand command line input (before I found the wiki page haha)... I wouldn't exactly call it easy per se, but most of it so far has been pretty much as I expected.

I have installed worse, much worse. If I haven't mentioned it, this is all pretty cool, and I will be working towards finishing login testing and then, getting the client to compile. Much work, but so much done already, which is very cool. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Multiverse Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiverse Status   Multiverse Status Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiverse Status
Page 1 of 1