Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaddyM0E
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista) Empty
PostSubject: Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)   Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista) EmptySat 29 Oct - 14:40

I am running Vista, so the "taskill" command doesn't work because Vista uses "taskkill" instead. No problem.. just a simple find and replace, right?? not so easy. Modified to read..

echo Stopping combat server process ID %pid%
taskkill %pid%

but that gave error.....

Error: Invlaid syntax, value expected for /PID

So, I looked into it further and rewrote it to be....

taskkill /PID %pid%

but, that gives the error...
Error: invalid syntax. value expected for 'PID'

So.....this %pid% value...hmm.. what handles it??? If the old taskill command was outdated, then the file that creates or assigns the PID probably needs revamping.

Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)   Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista) EmptyTue 1 Nov - 1:08

I have only used the cygwin version (and it is now heavily modified and consequently the .bat version does not work with out me converting everything) but when you run start-multiverse.bat it should create a bunch of files in \MVHOME\run\%MV_WORLDNAME%\ like combat.bat I would guess that each one returns the pid of that agent since there is not just one but many multverse server agents. If you want to post the combat.bat I will take a look at it to see what needs to be changed.. but then we would still need to find what creates those bat files if we can modify it.

To be honest it would probably be easier to just use the cygwin version
Back to top Go down
DaddyM0E
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)   Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista) EmptyTue 1 Nov - 16:25

It most probably is easier to use Cygwin, but I'm a hard-headed old fool. Very Happy

The PID line in "combat.bat" does change every time I start the server.

set pid=3632
set pid=4640

..are the results of the two launches. What sets them? hmm.. lemme check..

Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)   Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista) EmptyFri 11 Nov - 14:19

It looks like the code that actually outputs the pid's is in the underlying multiverse.jar which is in process of being released as open source.

And in case you were wondering the PID is the process id number that windows assigns to each process when it is run so each time you launch it it will likely be different. If you go to your task manager you will see a bunch of java entries those are the server agents running and you can add the pid as a column by clicking view select columns.

You can also look at each individual java process using jmx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)   Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stop-multiverse...unknown command (Vista)
Page 1 of 1