Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Why, hello there, champ's.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Felix Kütt
Felix Kütt

Why, hello there, champ's. Empty
PostSubject: Why, hello there, champ's.   Why, hello there, champ's. EmptySun 18 Dec - 12:54

My name should be easy enough to guess, and I've been an avid video game fan since the age of four, when I got my first console, the NES!

I have been more interested in game development than playing games though since the day in '03 when I first tried to find out how video game graphics(3D, 2D was easy enough to figure out when I first opened up MS paint) are made by asking ye olde speculator speculum mihi scientiae otherwise know as google.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Why, hello there, champ's.   Why, hello there, champ's. EmptySun 18 Dec - 13:04

Hi Felix, welcome to the Multiverse Community!

It's always good to have some modellers in any community, especially this one. We seem to be full of programmers!

Judging by the fact you're a Blender modeler, I'm going to guess you read my post on the BlenderArtists forum?
If you are interested in selling some of your models in the marketplace, send me a PM, and we'll discuss it Smile

So, do you have any examples of your work to show off? Cool

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Felix Kütt
Felix Kütt

PostSubject: Re: Why, hello there, champ's.   Why, hello there, champ's. EmptySun 18 Dec - 13:20

Whilst the selling idea is interesting I'm not entirely sure I'd be willing to put much work into making models for a market place that doesn't exist just yet.

If I'm wrong and it does exist, feel free to correct me...

And to answer your question, no I have not built a portfolio yet, although I have been using blender for many a years at this point,
thus far it's always been a hobby more than anything else(did once do a freelance gig in '06 to gain funds for a wacom tablet though).
I'd certainly be interested in changing that at some point, though, still I have to admit I'd rather see a market place before I commit to creating commercial grade artwork to sell.

I can however also understand that you probably wouldn't want to commit to the creation of such a market place if you can't be sure if there would be people who'd sell something in there, so I'll promise to create at least 1 reasonably professional looking environment set/base pack of textured models for you guy's to sell with out any revenues for me, if you can actually set up said market place.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Why, hello there, champ's.   Why, hello there, champ's. EmptySun 18 Dec - 13:27

With regards to the marketplace, it is still in development stages.
I'm working on it myself at the moment, and it's about 80% done. All I need to do now is finalise individual seller accounts, tweak
A few bits of CSS, then it'll be done.

Once I've got something worth showing, I'll send you the link. To be fair, that should be within the next week or two, depending on how my current project goes (it involves chat it's as NPCs, for use in Multiverse - I'll post about it later!)

And with regards to the models you've very kindly offered to make, that would be great, thanks Very Happy
I also do some modeling as well (nothing complicated though!), so I'll be constantly adding things like small props, buildings and so on, every now and then.
I think the Marketplace will take a couple of months to really take off (in terms of developer interest), so I'm going to ensure there are at least some models on there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, hello there, champ's.   Why, hello there, champ's. Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, hello there, champ's.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Water Cooler :: Introductions-
Jump to: