Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? Empty
PostSubject: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? EmptyTue 21 Feb - 10:27

Hello everyone on the community

Sorry if this is my second theread in short time but ithough bringing evertyhing in one theread is kinda akward.
Anyway to my idea is sinc ei notice multiverse only works on Direct X 9 at the momment why not update it to 10 or 11?
And if thats already possible where can i do that?

thx for now.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? EmptyWed 22 Feb - 3:10

We are planning on adding compatibility to directx10 and 11 but it may not be for a while.
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? EmptyWed 22 Feb - 11:38

Im just thinking if you would do this you should modify your model and terrain editor also. So they would allow prefabs and modifyable scenes. I do hope that direct x 10 atleast released is soon. cause i would enjoy to see my 3D renderd model in hes original quality.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? EmptyWed 22 Feb - 12:23

SnakeMaster wrote:
Im just thinking if you would do this you should modify your model and terrain editor also. So they would allow prefabs and modifyable scenes. I do hope that direct x 10 atleast released is soon. cause i would enjoy to see my 3D renderd model in hes original quality.

Hi SnakeMaster,

As Delurin said, we do intend to upgrade the DirectX capabilities.
D11 certainly won't be for a long time, but D10 will be looked at over the next few months. I'll add it to our list of feature/upgrade requests.

Thanks

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
zoot686
Foundation Donor
zoot686

PostSubject: Re: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? EmptyWed 22 Feb - 15:52

yeah, but XP only runs up to DX9c in a stable manner, and from what I've read elsewhere almost half the gaming community still runs XP.

Now don't get me wrong sparkle and flash might sell games on the front end, but content sells games over the long haul.

And don't mind me, but I've got two kids here that are "minecraft nuts" and minecraft is uglier than a monkey's butt, but they sure do seem to enjoy playing it, and the author seems to enjoy having sold over a million copies at $23 a pop
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? EmptyWed 22 Feb - 16:00

zoot686 wrote:
yeah, but XP only runs up to DX9c in a stable manner, and from what I've read elsewhere almost half the gaming community still runs XP.

Of course, and that's why we'll merely make the D10 and D11 upgrades optional for developers. Some may be focussing on a high-end user base, although XP is still used as a high-end gaming platform.

It's definitely worth considering though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?   Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11? Empty

Back to top Go down

Updating Multiverse to Direct X 10 or 11?
Page 1 of 1