Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

WorlResolveFailure - Getting started

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rickcollette
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
rickcollette

WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Dec - 2:31

If I were going to start from scratch; which svn repo would I want to grab?
This is what I am working from; but it looks like the last change was in August - svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/multiverse3d/ver20081125/trunk
Back to top Go down
rickcollette
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
rickcollette

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Dec - 8:16

Ok - for giggles; I downloaded the complete zip file, stuck the server components into a new directory, copied over the configs, everything ran fine on the server side.

On the client side, I used the binary MultiverseClient.exe and pointed it at my login server/master server (all server stuff is on the same box)

I still get the issue of no default instance.

If anyone has clues to this, please feel free to pipe up Smile Also - I am not adverse to giving access to the server - its just an AWS instance, and has not got the secrets of the universe on it Smile
Back to top Go down
hendrik44
hendrik44

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Dec - 2:27

Hi... I am new in this sistem, and when I make first set up I had Failed when I use start-multiverse.bat
appear like these

WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 Setup%2520faild

what my mistake, and how to fix it?
when I check Status All server Running...

thank
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Dec - 2:57

Hello,

You will need to check the .out log files found under multiverse/logs/WORLDNAME where WORLDNAME is whatever world you are running. There will be several .out files in this folder. Ignore the ones that have a number like .out1 or .out2 they are older logs. Only the files that are .out . Go through each of them and find any section that specifies error or exception. Then post that to the forums. Otherwise if you have trouble looking through the .out files. Please email all of them to shane@multiversemmo.com and I will take a look at them.

There is a variety of things that can cause trouble when first getting started.

Thanks,
Shane
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
hendrik44
hendrik44

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Dec - 3:13

oh, thank you so much...

I already sent message to you...

I'll be waiting your message for resolve the problem
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Dec - 5:47

Did you compile the server source into .jar files and are using that ?

It seems there is an issue with a serializable message DUMP_ALL_THREAD_STACKS. I ran across this when we originally received the source code and I thought I resolved in in the trunk.. But I think the Multiverse Complete download contains the originally released source code which may still contain the bug.

Let me know if you are using the provided server .jar files or if you recompiled from source.

Shane
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
hendrik44
hendrik44

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Dec - 14:25

No I didnt Compile into .jar

I using from Multiverse Complate which I download when I first make ID in multiversemmo.com

and for anoather info... I using Win 7 32bit, .net framework v.4.0,

what I must do?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WorlResolveFailure - Getting started   WorlResolveFailure - Getting started - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WorlResolveFailure - Getting started
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2