Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

compiling client python scripts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

compiling client python scripts Empty
PostSubject: compiling client python scripts   compiling client python scripts EmptyWed 20 Mar - 15:05

been wondering how to compile the client python scripts to .pyc

unless iron python do not read the compiled format or uses its own format, cuz i have compiled one script using regular python and it does not work.

anyone tried this yet?
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: compiling client python scripts   compiling client python scripts EmptyWed 20 Mar - 15:58

I'm not sure if IronPython reads compiled pyc files but it does read the standard py files inside the client engine..
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: compiling client python scripts   compiling client python scripts EmptyWed 20 Mar - 16:52

this is my first time dealing with ironpython

am used to python tho, but if that is the case that iron python does not read .pyc or any sort of special compiled file like .pyc
to protect source then even worse.

the lack of client side security keeps on piling up unfortunately. :-(

- no server side collision detection
- no speed hack detection server side
- no assets encryption on packager to protect client side assets.
- c# unprotected client easy to decompile
- client uncompiled python source scripts wide open ready to mod by players

damn, the more i dig into it the more disappointing it gets , lol.

hope no more surprises ahead. since one would like to start creating a game and not spending most of the time building the engine instead.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: compiling client python scripts   compiling client python scripts EmptyWed 20 Mar - 18:43

For me, I wouldn't worry too much right now about protecting assets and code. Don't you think you should focus more on building your game project and how it would perform and present visually? Smile

Securing assets and anti-hacking is also one of our main priorities and we are trying to brew some protection tools later on, and we could sell or post at the upcoming marketplace or our own asset store. This feature is a bit advanced but we are getting some progress as we get to know more about the client engine code.

BTW, did you check out the dotfuscator link I sent for the C# client part?

Quote :
hope no more surprises ahead. since one would like to start creating a game and not spending most of the time building the engine instead.

Yes, surely hope so Basketball

cheers.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: compiling client python scripts   compiling client python scripts EmptySun 31 Mar - 9:41

I just remembered that there is IronClad for IronPython.

Project summary:
Quote :
Ironclad aims, in the long term, to allow IronPython users to transparently import and use any compiled CPython extensions. Ironclad works with IronPython 2.6 and targets CPython 2.6 on 32-bit Windows; efforts to support other platforms are underway.

https://code.google.com/p/ironclad/

Here's another option, I have not tested this yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: compiling client python scripts   compiling client python scripts Empty

Back to top Go down

compiling client python scripts
Page 1 of 1