Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

collada importer not working

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

collada importer not working Empty
PostSubject: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 6:48

been testing the MVImportTool.exe
followed the instructions:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Using_the_Multiverse_COLLADA_Import_Tool

which imports collada file to mv mesh format, but no success, the tool seems to be bugged or maybe i am not doing it right.

when i click on start , i get a popup error window with the following:
Code:

repository installer
no installable files were found.
did you forget to convert the DAE file?

this is the execution log message:

Code:

>>> Copy <mydaemodel.dae> to work folder
===========[ Converting 'mydaemodel.dae' ]=============
Command:  \"C:/Users/tichfuie/Desktop/mvworkingfolder/mydaemodel.dae\"
===========================================================
--generate_asset_definitions      Optional; says to generate the definitions
--generate_asset_kind kind        Optional; says only generate this kind of asset
--repository_directory directory  Required if the registry key for the
                                  repository is not set.
--output_file outputfile          File containing warnings produced by
                                  the asset generation process.
Unrecognized command-line argument '"C:/Users/tichfuie/Desktop/mvworkingfolder/mydaemodel.dae"'; exiting

===[ Copying ]=============================================
>>> From   <C:\Users\tichfuie\Desktop\mvworkingfolder>
===[ Copying ]=============================================
>>> To   <C:\Users\tichfuie\Documents\Multiverse World Browser\Worlds\sampleworld>
  Installing C:\Users\tichfuie\Documents\Multiverse World Browser\Worlds\sampleworld\Textures\STONETOP.tga
  Installing C:\Users\tichfuie\Documents\Multiverse World Browser\Worlds\sampleworld\Textures\STONEBOTTOM.tga

or is it any other working tool anyone else is using?

i wanted to try:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Moonshine_Conversion_Tool

but the download link is dead.

any other choice?
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 8:30

Are you running it from the command line? Or selecting them? It is odd that it is importing the textures but not the mesh are you sure you selected convert collada and import mesh? usually when one of those is unselected it will give you the no installable files found error.
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 8:30

Try Deled CE, best tool but you still have to paint the physics or coll. volume by texture.

http://multiversemmo.com/site/w/index.php/Exporting_a_Static_Mesh_from_DeleD

The images were there before, I don't know what happen..
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 8:47

thanks,
but is deled only for static models?

have you tried it with animation models?
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 9:43

Yes, I think it is. You should try Delurin's reply. I already tested this tool months ago but forgot the steps again for a successful export.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 9:56

ohh, i missed delurin's reply, lol
sorry.

@delurin:

no, i am not using the command line,
am using the MVImportTool.exe gui one.
- i did the configuration deal,
-from the collada folder i selected the .dae file to convert,
-then i selected the convert COLLADA checkbox
-nothing in command line flags
-copying files to assets repository all checked
- i checked all types to copy, mesh,mat, skeleton,physics,textures

also overwrite existing files

and click start and keep on getting same error.

i wonder if the app do not recognize my collada file as a valid?

weird cuz i can open my collada file from model viewer ok. so my file should be ok and the correct version. right?
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 12:01

Have you tried running it as administrator? That's the only other thing I can think of...If you want I can check the file you can send to my username at gmail.com.
You can also check the log file and see if that gives you more info.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 15:17

ok, got a little further now.

the culprit was that the default tools installer does not install the actual command line converter:
ConversionTool.exe

it only installs MVImportTool.exe which is the gui interface but needs the actual converter ConversionTool.exe
with it. that i was not aware of, so i had to build the converter from the tools source and add it to the tools folder, so now i dont have the error i posted before, but have a different one

below is the error log, hopefully you may be able to let me know how i can fix it.:

Code:

>>> Copy <mydaemesh.dae> to work folder
===========[ Converting 'mydaemesh.dae' ]=============
Command:  \"C:/Users/tichfuie/Desktop/mvworkingfolder/mydaemesh.dae\"
ERROR [2013-04-01 23:13:21,588] ColladaMeshReader    TODO: Add support for polylist
ERROR [2013-04-01 23:13:21,589] ColladaMeshReader    TODO: Add support for polylist
ERROR [2013-04-01 23:13:21,601] Convert              Error converting files: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.Collada.Accessor.GetParam(String name, Int32 index)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.ColladaMeshReader_13.ReadJoints(SkinController controller, XmlNode node, ColladaMeshInfo meshInfo)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.ColladaMeshReader_14.ReadSkin(SkinController controller, XmlNode node, ColladaMeshInfo meshInfo)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.ColladaMeshReader_14.ReadController(XmlNode node, ColladaMeshInfo meshInfo)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.ColladaMeshReader_13.ReadControllerLibrary(XmlNode node, ColladaMeshInfo meshInfo)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.ColladaMeshReader_14.ReadCollada(XmlNode node, ColladaMeshInfo meshInfo)
  at Multiverse.Serialization.ColladaMeshReader.Import(Matrix4 transform, Mesh mesh, Skeleton skeleton, String animationName, String materialNamespace)
  at Multiverse.ConversionTool.Convert.ReadMesh(String& materialScript, Matrix4 transform, String srcDir, String dstDir, String meshFile)
  at Multiverse.ConversionTool.Convert.ConvertFile(String srcDir, String dstDir, String name, Matrix4 transform, Boolean build_tangents, Boolean extract_collision_volumes, Boolean optimize_mesh, String skeleton_file)
  at Multiverse.ConversionTool.Convert.Main(String[] args)

Command failed on file <mydaemesh.dae>
Details:
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 17:36

found the issue,

the mv converter tool will convert collada .dae models exported by 3ds max only

and that is it. so you will need 3ds max to export to collada
Back to top Go down
rotello
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
rotello

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 18:29

Nice work. Yes, you can't go wrong when your format will come from Max..
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyTue 2 Apr - 23:08

I have no trouble exporting from Maya the polylist error I think only occurs when you try to deport grouped items or if you font delete the history
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 3:02

Hmm for some reason when I looked at your log it did not show the rest of the error messages. What modelling software are you using and what are you using to export the collada? I have seen that error before it usually has to do with a mismatch in names of nodes. I know that maya/collada exporter does some weird things when you have two objects with the same name. As I recall maya allows two shapes to have the same name but not two objects but collada doesnt look at object names only the shape names so it has to rename them but I am not sure it catches all of the references.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 4:14

well, the original model was an fbx format,
so initially i loaded it on modo and exported it to collada, and that is when i could not convert giving me the errors above.

but then i used the same fbx, loaded it with 3ds max and exported as collada, and the MV converter worked like a charm.

go figure, maybe maya shares kinda the same formail collada deal with max.

but, i also tested with fbx autodesk converter available from autodesk website, used the same fbx file and converted it to collada, and that did not work.

so , so far it looks like the MV convertion tool was made for max only
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 4:25

It was made specifically for max but I know it can work with others using the opencollada exporter. But if you have a max licence it is probably easiest to use it. I know at one point there was a max plugin that allowed you to skip the export to collada/ import and let you just specify the repository location and did the rest but I dont know if it works with newer versions of Max. It looks like we were given the code for it in the tools/3dsMaxExporter so you could try that if you wanted.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 4:44

yeah, i am trying the max plugin now as we speak,
the max tools plugin works ok in my 2009 max version
but when it exports it exports model in a horizontal position for some reason, instead of standing up as original file.

dont know why and dont know how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 5:02

Its possible that loading from fbx tells max to switch the up axis - Some programs use z as the up axis and others use y (dont ask me why it is not standardized). I believe the conversion tool has a commandline --3ds that flips them.

It looks like in the plugin definition it will autiomatically add the --3ds

Code:
commonSwitches = if usesFeelingExporter then " --3ds " else ""
         if enableOptimizeMesh.checked then
            commonSwitches += " --optimize_mesh"
         commonSwitches += " --dst_dir \"" + backslashEscape(exportDirectory) + "\"" +
                 " --src_dir \"" + backslashEscape(exportDirectory) + "\"" +
                   " --log_file \"" + backslashEscape(exportDirectory) + logName + "\" "

So you might be able to remove it or a better choice would be to add it as selectable since I think normally it is required for exporting from max.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 6:30

thanks,

one other thing:
since lots of us may or may not have access to 3ds max or maya,

i tested blender default collada export and that did not work in MV convertion tool,
i does the convertion but the result does not come right in the .mesh end result

as you mentioned earlier that opencollada may work, do you know if there is an opencollada plugin for blender? so the blender users can successfully export working collada files for MV convertion tool?

so been googling but no success yet
Back to top Go down
Delurin

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working EmptyWed 3 Apr - 7:20

I have not seen anything to indicate that they ever made a blender version. It might be possible to modify the importer to handle the blender output.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: collada importer not working   collada importer not working Empty

Back to top Go down

collada importer not working
Page 1 of 1