Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info Empty
PostSubject: From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info   From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info EmptyFri 13 Apr - 4:38

Hi guys,

This is currently in the Newsletter, which will be sent out to our subscribers in the next week or so.
(If you aren't a subscriber but would like to be, sign up via the Newsletter page of the website.)

Begin shameless plug:

I've recently set up a reference image website for 3D modellers, which will eventually contain lots of pictures and concepts of buildings from a range of different eras and genres.
The idea is for it to be a big community project (of 3D modellers in general, not just Multiverse users), where people can upload their own images to contirbute to the database.

The reason I set this up is because whenever I do any architectural modelling for games, I struggle to find good inspirations and references. This is usually the case when designed historical models, and the same can be said for my current project which will be based in Roman Europe. If you want tourist pictures of arenas, arches, the Temple of Mars, the Pantheon (not to be confused with the Greek 'Parthenon'), ampitheatres and bath houses, then you can very easily go into Google and just type in 'roman buildings', but you'll get thousands of amateur photos with poor lighting, posers, and a large density of the Colloseum in Rome in the search results.
What if you want to find a picture of a Roman insula, or perhaps some plans for a Roman fort? Sure, you can probably find them on Google if you use the right keywords and have a while to spare, but what if the resolution of one of the few inspirational pictures is 250 x 250? It's difficult to work with something that small, especially when you want your buildings to look good.
3DModeller.info will always have large images, and you'll even be able to bulk download your favourite images into a .zip file for offline viewing.

Go and check it out at www.3dmodeller.info and perhaps even join the community!

Last edited by Tristan on Sat 14 Apr - 4:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
AWM Mars
AWM Mars

PostSubject: Re: From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info   From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info EmptyFri 13 Apr - 17:52

opps, your link has a comma between info and the forward slash.

Also the captcha doesn't show up on my IE 9.0
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info   From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info EmptySat 14 Apr - 4:09

AWM Mars wrote:

I shall make the necessary changes now Smile
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info   From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info EmptySat 14 Apr - 4:19

Tristan wrote:
AWM Mars wrote:

I shall make the necessary changes now Smile

All sorted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info   From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info Empty

Back to top Go down

From the Newsletter - 3DModeller.info
Page 1 of 1