Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source Empty
PostSubject: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyMon 28 May - 11:05

I'm using the client built from source in the SourceForget subversion trunk against my own server.

After patching the game assets, I get this error message:

LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source LoaderException

The Exception.log file in My Documents/Multiverse World Browser/Logs has this rather unhelpful message:

Code:
ERROR [2012-05-27 16:53:04,773] Exception            Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
ERROR [2012-05-27 16:53:04,773] Exception            Exiting client due to exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
  at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
  at Axiom.Core.PluginManager.ScanForPlugins(String directory, String wildcard)
  at Axiom.Core.PluginManager.LoadPlugins(String directory, String wildcard)
  at Multiverse.Base.Client.Setup()
  at Multiverse.Base.Client.Start()
  at Multiverse.MultiverseClient.Main(String[] args)

Has anyone seen this before and know how to get past it?
Back to top Go down
http://zetacentauri.com
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyMon 28 May - 18:00

Looking at the client troubleshooting tips section of the wiki it looks like this might be missing managed DirectX 9. I imagine that the installer in trunk source doesn't include Managed DX9.

Surprising that I don't have it since I have 30+ games from Steam installed on the PC. Will try installing that and report findings...
Back to top Go down
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyWed 30 May - 15:50

I tried installing the June 2010 DirectX redistributable on my machine (Win7 x64) and it didn't clear this up.

Is there a specific year/month combo that needs to be installed to get the managed DX9 bits on my machine? Or a trick to getting it onto Win7? Or a separate binary package?

I know I can probably just install the older client to get the DX9 bits, but the goal is to be able to run a new build of the client installer from trunk on a clean machine and get everything I need.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyThu 31 May - 0:25

You could try directx 9.0c oct 05 I know that is the one that was included in the original installer
Back to top Go down
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyThu 31 May - 17:03

Thanks for the tip. Installing that one didn't get me past the error. I saw somewhere that the managed DirectX install requires the .NET framework 1.1 to be installed, otherwise it's skipped.

I installed the .NET Framework 1.1 ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26 ) and then ran the Oct 2005 installer again. No go.

The original MV installer works on Win7. What magic could they possibly have been doing?
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyFri 1 Jun - 0:57

These are the required files that I use in my installer:
dotnetfx35.exe - I think they used dot net 2.0
and directx_9c_oct05sdk_redist.exe

Back to top Go down
Xangis
Foundation Developer
Xangis

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyThu 7 Jun - 8:14

It turns out that there are a lot of things that can cause the LoaderException message to show up, missing DirectX being only one of them. It was a failure to load one of the plugins that caused it. Missing DirectX is just the most likely cause of a plugin load failure.

I got this to work with a code fix and was able to launch the client built from source into the demo world. I'll write this up on JavaForge and get the fix checked in.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source EmptyMon 18 Aug - 8:27

Xangis wrote:
It turns out that there are a lot of things that can cause the LoaderException message to show up, missing DirectX being only one of them.  It was a failure to load one of the plugins that caused it.  Missing DirectX is just the most likely cause of a plugin load failure.

I got this to work with a code fix and was able to launch the client built from source into the demo world.  I'll write this up on JavaForge and get the fix checked in.

Hey Xangis,

Any word on a fix for this at all? Just got a master server set up on my (now old) desktop with Ubuntu, but when I try to open the client on my new Windows 8 laptop (even in W7 compatibility mode), it throws this LoaderException error. Will try installing the Managd Direct X distrib. and see what happens
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source   LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source Empty

Back to top Go down

LoaderException Using Client Built From Trunk Source
Page 1 of 1