Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! Empty
PostSubject: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyMon 11 Mar - 19:26

I want to help.

Marketing
3d art
animation
texturing

I'm a merc ideasman with a mouth. I want to see things made.

I will freaking breath life into your project with a solemn vow: As long as you want it made, I will help you do it!
Back to top Go down
Telepathetic
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Telepathetic

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyThu 4 Apr - 6:47

I'm working on a game that allows players to help design it - if you're still interested let me know! Smile
Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 11:36

Sorry for my delayed response I have a few project opportunities come up in the world of comics and animation, I am looking to get involved in a project. Let me know the details.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 13:23

hey IsometricRobot

how did it go with the fundraising setup deal you guys were talking a couple of weeks ago?
did you work it out for the taxes stuff?
Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 13:47

Unfortunately Shane and I keep missing each other. So no head way on that front was made for organizing a kickstarter for the foundation as a whole, but due to how licencing works with this open source project. Any single project can organize a kickstarter campaign and then contribute their research to the foundation.

This is what I have understood from our conversations.

I would still like to get a list of critical features we need to see in multiverse and launch a kickstarter. We could even outsource the coding if we don't have the skill sets or time within the current community members.

Some of those items I have read about so far could be:

Server side player movement/location verification
Perhaps a change the custom code they use for rendering so that it can actually be updated as technology in general improves.
server tools
server install wizard
etc

I'd like to get a detailed list together of what's needed that can help include a larger variety of skill sets to join the community based on the tools available.

I have a few ideas for games as well (planning stage right now for a persistent world RTS concept) I would like to use Multiverse as an open platform to accomplish these plans. Being an very amateur programmer, I would not pretend to know how to tackle these things on my own.

If I can get a solid list of improvements we need in multiverse I will contact programmers that will work for hire, get quotes, and launch a kickstarter campaign myself if need be. I will then provide the research I fund through kickstarter to the multiverse foundation free of charge and under the same open source licence.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 15:07

I like the idea to at least get some urgent very desperate needed fixed for the platform:

in my short time the past month, being testing and getting to know MV platform, i have found quite a few stuff that really needs attention.

Most of the urgent stuff needed is on the client side,rendering, performance and security, since server seems to be good imo, offcourse needs some fixing here and there since some features are not properly working, but most the needed is on the client, since client really leaves a lot to be desired,

for instance:

1- to update the axiom rendering to its latest available version, since current version is dated way back to 2005 features, so 7 to 8 years worth of rendering features are lacking on MV up to this day.

2-the engine terrain tile system does not stitch together property , you can see the gaps where the terrain tiles join together.

3- the lights system do not work properly, you can not use more than 2 point lights in one single terrain tile because only 1 will render per terrain tile.

4-assets encryption or a secure client side packer to avoid game assets being stolen and client scripts being tempered, since MV is open source and we need a safe way for developer to protect their assets.

5- a secure or encrypted network communication between client and server, a must needed since the actual is wide open for exploiting

6-server side collision/physics is a must feature needed, to avoid players walking thru walls ingame, cheating, since right now you just delete the physics folder from the client and all collision are gone and you free to walk thru wherever you want, so this needs to be controlled server side.

7- sending keyboard input to the server so server can determine player movement, and location, instead of the client to avoid speedhacking

8- the tools really need a touchup, they are prehistoric tools compared to todays standards, including a much needed terrain editor, instead of using a third party tools and then import it.

9- the C# client needs a tremendous optimization, right now is a hog, very poor performance, you cant run 2 clients in the same computer without maxing up your cpu resources and experiencing a tremendous lag and fps drop to the floor in an empty scene

10- a server side control panel to manage instances, world balancing, player, ie: kick, ban, see who is online and where etc.... a web based admin tool will come very handy.

11- and UP i guess the extra gameplay basic features that most mmos have as base. but my recommendation, urgent above features mentioned stuff is a must before we go any further or to the gameplay code part. we first need to fix the client side before we start creating a game with it because without that, we got nothing.

Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 15:33

Looks like a good place to start.

Regarding axiom code, this has been modified from what I read in the forum, that's way its not up to date.

I'll take your list and see what other details I'll need in order to get a quote. I'll be looking at US/UK and India based programmers. I'll hopefully be able to get a quote. These will be set for pay for performance or milestone based payments in order to allow the kickstarter budget not to be deposited all into one resource. This will minimize risk to the funds while maximizing remote resource productivity.

Once several quotes are obtained I will begin organizing a kickstarter campaign at which point I will need assistance from those with game projects to help showcase what you are working on with some receiving online video interview requests. I will give myself a goal of obtaining the quotes by April 30 (My B-Day). Kickstarter launch sometime in May or June. This will be set on the maximum time (which i think is 60 or 90 days).

In order to mitigate tax headaches I will increase the goal above the quoted commissioned work to account for taxes and kickstarter/amazon fees. Stretch goals will be included to help pay for the time of those that help make the kickstarter possible and act as seed money for other projects to launch kickstarters.
Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 15:46

I have amended the list so far as followed:

1- Update the axiom - Bring the custom axiom code into conformity and update to latest.

2 - Fix gaps in terrain tile engine.

3- Fix multiple light source rendering in client.

4 - Assets encryption or a secure client side packer - avoid game assets being stolen and client scripts being tempered.

5- Secure or encrypted network communication between client and server.

6 - Server side collision/physics - To avoid players walking thru walls in game and cheating. (Currently deleting the physics folder from the client causes all collision to disappear. The client is free to walk through any objects)

7 - Server side keyboard input to determine player movement and x,y,z location.

8 - Built in terrain editor or plugin to natively work with third party editor.

9 - Client optimization for performance

10 - Server side control panel to manage instances, world balancing, players, and ticketing system (ie: kick, ban, see who is online, player locations, and in-game player help requests)

11 - Web based based GUI or admin access on client to administer server side control panel.

12 - Stock optional gameplay code features for developers.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 16:12

that sounds pretty much about it as a starter, specially the first 7 requests are urgently needed, whithout those i dont think a real playable game can come out commercially.
Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 16:19

Doesn't WarZ give you hope that you can release not encrypted games and make money ?

Lol JK I like these items and reading through the wiki I am finding where many of these were on the to do list.

I will be reaching out to Shane this week also just to make sure there is no other code laying around that was currently attempting to address these.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 16:52

sounds good,
Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptySun 7 Apr - 17:53

I'm scheduling a call with a LinkedIn contact I have at SmartCloud Infotech (http://smartcloudinfotech.com/) this week to hash out what documents they need in order to give me an accurate quote.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyMon 8 Apr - 5:04

one more to the list:

ingame video is supported by MV, but current status is once you enter a world instance that plays a video, it persist the video sound playing even if you leave or enter other world instances, so this video feature is useless as it is right now. you do not want a looping video sound in all of your game world instances even if you are not in the original world instance where the video was.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyMon 8 Apr - 5:18

I will look into the last thing with the video playing...I know I have videos in game and don't have this problem....So I may have fixed it at one point or set it up different. I think you add on object removed a codec reset or something like that.
Back to top Go down
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyMon 8 Apr - 5:33

thanks delurin, that will be great , ingame video is a great feature to waste due if its current state.

keep us posted with the fix
Back to top Go down
IsometricRobot
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
IsometricRobot

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyMon 8 Apr - 11:08

Delurin wrote:
I will look into the last thing with the video playing...I know I have videos in game and don't have this problem....So I may have fixed it at one point or set it up different. I think you add on object removed a codec reset or something like that.

Delurin,

Shane will be coming up with a best practices guide for code merging requests to the main code. Will you be assisting him in that? I am scheduling a few calls this week with some outsourced programmers and code structure and comment expectations will be part of the influences on the final quote I will receive.
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! EmptyMon 8 Apr - 13:02

Yes it looks like when I made it I added a property to the object indicating what file it should play then swapped the movie texture into for the object (since as I recall I wanted them to click on the object before it plays) and then when the object was unloaded it called this:
Code:
codec = ClientAPI.MovieManager.Instance.FindCodec("DirectShow")
      codec.UnloadAll()
Which closes all playing movies. It is also possible to do that on loading screen displayed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!   I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm aiming to [strike]misbehave[/strike] join your project!
Page 1 of 1