Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Multiverse DemoWorld community project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

Multiverse DemoWorld community project Empty
PostSubject: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyTue 23 Apr - 7:49

Sup guys,

well, i volunteered to revive the current non working MV demo world so our new visitors and ourselves can see the potential MV platform has to offer without having to install the server and going thru the whole pain it is right now to getting started,

this way our new visitors know it is worth a try before getting down and dirty into MV.

later on we will work with a new getting started server setup to ease up the pain on the server installation.

I been been talking to Shane(CobaltBlues) one of the head of the MV foundation , since he currently is the one who has the access to the donated VPS server from Vanquish hosting and the
MV webserver too.

i requested him access to volunteer on this new endeavor, so i can start working on it, this will be an easy task for me since IT work is pretty much my day job , i do system administrator for linux boxes and web servers aswell, and am pretty much all day long online doing various tasks.

last week CobaltBlues granted me access to VPS and worked on the MV server,
requested to him to upgrade the current java jdk installation since he is the only one with root access to the VPS, because the current jdk was outdated. thank you CobaltBlues :-)

once he gave me a green light with new jdk upgrade, i started working on the MV setup, gladly i had mine working on my local centOS box so it was pretty easy to set it up on the VPS and after a few tweaks and configs the server was up and running. :-)

both servers are online, the core multiverse server and the master server, but we still need the webserver side so master server can use it for user logins.

so atm, we are not able to login to the demo world .

hopefully CobaltBlues can grant me access soon to the webserver to work on that so we can have a full demo world working.

after that , Ill focus on getting a nice demo world design so it will be an eye candy, since the current one is way outdated therefore does not attract new visitors, so we will need to focus on a new demo scene with nice props and models.

Being said that, I will like to extend an invitation to our MV members to contribute assets ie: 3d meshes, props, materials, particles, textures, scripts, server plugins etc... so we can have a nice community driven demo world and make it grow.

please post your thoughts.

good day. :-)

Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyTue 23 Apr - 11:15

Great news Tichfuie.
I love to see community members step up and get things rolling.
For the demo world.. we can setup the assets and .py codes and such on GitHub just like we have the main source code.

Anyone who wants to contribute to the demo world can "fork" the world repository, make their changes or additions, then request it be merged back into the main branch.

This could help foster greater contributions to the world since it grants easy access to the assets and an organized and easy way to contribute changes.

Let me know what you think.

Also, what world do you plan on publishing? We originally had the "Demo World" from multiverse networks running.. but it is quite "cheesy" so we put up the NYTS demo for awhile. I would love to see something built from the ground up to be a true community driven world.

Let me know.. This is exciting!

Shane
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyTue 23 Apr - 11:56

thanks,

yes, i do too like to get something up from the ground up,

i agree the demo does not really look that good.

to startup, we can start with a nice heightmap design, with nice textures

i would love to have a fantasy theme kinda world that way we can make use of the existing gameplay code from mars scripts

but , we can try other themes if the community wants, or maybe other world themes aswell since MV was designed for that too , but we firts
need to start with one at a time :-).

for instance, Tattiana she mentioned she is good at graphic design so if she wants to contribute will be great.

also we can use a coder, modeler etc...

this way we all can pitch in, and pretty much more will come once they see it up and running.

everyone is welcome to pitch in, ideas, models, textures, plugins, scripts etc......

if someone likes to contribute, please post here your skills and what you are willing to contribute with.
(quick note: all resources or assets that someone would like to provide will need to be your own creation, since we do not want any issues of copyright infringement so please it will need to be your own since all what will be in the community world demo will be open source aswell. )

Back to top Go down
Tattiana Talahandra
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Tattiana Talahandra

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyTue 23 Apr - 12:14

Can i make a suggestion ?

I am bias to the idea of a fantasy world, but we do have potential users out there that would probably like to see some other things in it (like Steampunk, Sci-fi, Post-Apocalyptic, etc.......)

What if the world was set up like a hub? In the middle is a gateway area and (if we can get them working) portals that lead you to specific areas within the world with different themes? If too complex out the door then no problem but if we had basic crafting system that could go across all areas; items that could be found throughout. Basic weapon system/ combat so they can see its possible. We dont have to make a ton for each feature since this is a demo world but just enough that they can see its all possible.

Also is this github where you want me to send some of my texture contributions and stuff to?
Back to top Go down
CobaltBlues
CobaltBlues

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyTue 23 Apr - 12:27

Our original idea when the Foundation team was brain storming was to have the demo world be a "hub" as you call it into a whole variety of worlds. That way the player can get a good feel for all the variety of possibilities. Each sub world would be managed by a team that really likes that genre. The core hub would be modern world and if you wanted to enter the sci-fi world you would, in game, travel to the space port or something and that would launch you into the entire sci fi world. I really like this idea and it could help showcase a variety of worlds.

The additional thing we discussed was to have a common "currency" that your account could acquire and be used across all worlds. MV Cash or whatever.. etc. there were a lot ideas we tossed around.

Shane
Back to top Go down
http://www.multiversemmo.com
tichfuie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
tichfuie

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyThu 25 Apr - 9:56

ohh well, I tried :-(

I still havent got a complete access to manage the multiverse server and still waiting,
my first request was back on April 5th, a week and a half later got access to server, another week to access to webserver for login and updates, and still waiting for mysql access :-(

looks like CobaltBlues may be busy and Idont blame him, sometimes there is so much that one can do due of family, work etc..., but since every time i request access to a particular feature access of the server i get it a days time if not in a week later.

I really wanted to contribute to the community but this makes it impossible. I just cant work in such a slow pace like this.

so am throwing the towel and dedicate my time to focus on my own project instead of the communitys demo.

altho, i do have a few online linux boxes that i manage, so maybe i get my own demo world there incase someone wants to try.
but i rather wanted to be a demo from the foundation.

anyways, sorry folks, i just cant work like this.
maybe some other time.

for now, the time i wanted to dedicate to the community demo i am just going to apply it to mine, faster development for my project.

hopefully someone will more patience than me may pickup on where i left on:
-multiverse server and master server are fully working and online atm.
- login and update webservers are online too.

only thing left is to update sql database to have the demo working.

good day.
Back to top Go down
Telepathetic
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Telepathetic

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptyFri 3 May - 14:16

I'm fairly good at modeling and would be willing to craft a few original models for this project. I'm not too good at texturing and I'm incapable of creating .mesh files for some reason (tried just about every method and nothing worked) but... if someone is willing to make those...

Cheers,
Tele
Back to top Go down
Tattiana Talahandra
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Tattiana Talahandra

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptySat 4 May - 10:35

I would love to help with texturing but as it stands I cannot get on MV or get a private server started.

Back to top Go down
Telepathetic
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
Telepathetic

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project EmptySun 5 May - 13:44

Hey Tatt

Have you been able to get the tools to work at all? I've been struggling with them a lot. In particular the collada import tool - if you can get that to work we can team up and make some models for this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse DemoWorld community project   Multiverse DemoWorld community project Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiverse DemoWorld community project
Page 1 of 1