Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

multiverse Dev Qs ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
myrnin
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
myrnin

multiverse Dev Qs ?? Empty
PostSubject: multiverse Dev Qs ??   multiverse Dev Qs ?? EmptyWed 16 Apr - 2:12

hi all

so heres my Qs. (if wrong forum i am sorry)

ok after my conversation with AthlonJedi on the live server. seems he might have a update comming soon
from what i gathered is the server he has updated to java 8 , which is good Smile.

now what i need to know is
1) has all the libs been updated eg. mysql,jpyhon etc.
2)client wise is multivresemmo staying with outdated axoim or are there plans to update to morge,orge3d or better?

once the newest build is released i do hope ppl will report bugs so we can sqush them to get the client and server stable.
then ppl might start to make plugins and request hooks etc?
and to aeverybody who says "thourght this was a easy entire to MMo`s i say this, go try heroengine,unreal engine, c4 egine, untiy3d and your find you still need to learn to code, but you wont find them as Fexlible,verstile as Mutisemmo is Smile

we just need to stable the client and the server and AthlonJedi, tristan and the Foundation cant do it all on there own if the commuinty cant be bothered to help.

yours

myrnin, devloping on multiversemmo becouse there aint nothing out there thats as Fexlible,verstile.

ps, if this comes across as being a ass then sorry.
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: multiverse Dev Qs ??   multiverse Dev Qs ?? EmptyWed 16 Apr - 4:40

Q 1. Yes I updated all the relevant libraries and what not.

Q 2. I have been looking at 3 possibilities for updating the multiverse core engine, Irrlicht 3D , flat out Ogre 3d, Or the latest Axiom build. This is not something that is going to be a hasty endevor however, even If I decide on the latest Axiom build there is still a ton of custom axiom code that will have to be diffed and ported. So while this IS in the road map, This is going to be a pretty big undertaking.
Back to top Go down
myrnin
Experienced Newbie
Experienced Newbie
myrnin

PostSubject: Re: multiverse Dev Qs ??   multiverse Dev Qs ?? EmptyWed 16 Apr - 5:01

AthlonJedi wrote:
Q 1. Yes I updated all the relevant libraries and what not.

Q 2. I have been looking at 3 possibilities for updating  the multiverse core engine, Irrlicht 3D , flat out Ogre 3d, Or the latest Axiom build.  This is not something that is going to be a hasty endevor however, even If I decide on the latest Axiom build there is still a ton of custom axiom code that will have to be diffed and ported. So while this IS in the road map, This is going to be a pretty big undertaking.

funny cos thats exclaty what i thourght you were going to say, which means then were on the same page Smile
Back to top Go down
AthlonJedi
Administrator
Administrator
AthlonJedi

PostSubject: Re: multiverse Dev Qs ??   multiverse Dev Qs ?? EmptyWed 16 Apr - 5:08

Well I do have some limited experiance with Irrlicht 3D, I used it for awhile way back when it was at V 0.6 and I liked how fast the engine is and how easy it was to integrate newton physics and practicly anything else you wanted in it. it is written in C# now which will mesh easily with the platform and I do believe there is even a python wrapper for it already that will work well for our needs. Axiom while being the core engine hasnt been updated in a while so I am not even sure they are still developing on it. Ogre 3D would probably work well however it isnt as advanced as Irrlicht , so its a toss up for sure lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: multiverse Dev Qs ??   multiverse Dev Qs ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

multiverse Dev Qs ??
Page 1 of 1