Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Community Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  The Wiki  Website  github Project  

Managing to just have a FPS view of the game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

Managing to just have a FPS view of the game Empty
PostSubject: Managing to just have a FPS view of the game   Managing to just have a FPS view of the game EmptyTue 21 Feb - 10:25

Hello everyone im would wanna know if thereis a way to have a First Person View of the game. Like you could see evertyhing you see in every FPS game and you could see your gone and etc.

Is there anyway to modify this?

thx for now
Back to top Go down
Delurin
Head of Platform Development

PostSubject: Re: Managing to just have a FPS view of the game   Managing to just have a FPS view of the game EmptyWed 22 Feb - 3:18

Yes you can if you want the player to control it you only need to use the scroll wheel to zoom into the first person. You could set the camera distance to 0 when the player logs in. If you wanted to prevent them from changing the distance you would need to modify the source code. I am not sure where it is located but somewhere the mouse wheel is linked to zooming in.
ClientAPI.InputHandler.CameraDistance = 0
Back to top Go down
SnakeMaster
SnakeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Managing to just have a FPS view of the game   Managing to just have a FPS view of the game EmptyWed 22 Feb - 11:34

I see but it is possible to just set it fps no scrolling out. Now i just need to know where to edit this part.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Administrator
Administrator
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Managing to just have a FPS view of the game   Managing to just have a FPS view of the game EmptyWed 22 Feb - 12:36

SnakeMaster wrote:
I see but it is possible to just set it fps no scrolling out. Now i just need to know where to edit this part.

Hi SnakeMaster,

I did a bit of digging around on the Old Forums (accessed here: http://update.multiverse.net/old-forum) and found this post: http://update.multiverse.net/old-forum/viewtopic.php?p=32485&theme=multiverse
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any specifics, but an old project, Dark Horizons, did have an FPS framework in place. I might try and contact the old team, and see if they still have the project files with the FPS framework in.

I did a search on the Old Forum for 'FPS', and found a few posts. I haven't got time to comb through them at the moment, but I reckon it would be worth you spending a few minutes looking through the posts, to see what you can find. Here's the search link - search for FPS or even first person shooter, and let us know if you find anything useful.

Tristan
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dmodeller.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Managing to just have a FPS view of the game   Managing to just have a FPS view of the game Empty

Back to top Go down

Managing to just have a FPS view of the game
Page 1 of 1